Chapter 5: The Past: Part 1

"Is he asleep?" Nezu inquired, studying the green-, well, black-haired boy who lay unconscious on the couch. The 20 students behind him all looked at their friend, questions racing through each and every one of their minds.

Midnight nodded, as she gestured her hand toward the sleeping teen. A woman with rose-gold colored hair and a white trenchcoat appeared. She walked towards the sleeping figure, pity filling her eyes.

"They just keep getting younger..." She mumbled. The class shuffled uncomfortably before Toru asked the question.

"Um, excuse me but... who are you?" 

Everyone waited for an answer. They never saw the woman around here. The rose gold-haired woman giggled.

"My apologies for not introducing myself earlier." She bowed. "I'm Himitsu Shikarai. I work in the psychology department of UA. You might have never seen me because my job is top secret." Himitsu explained. The students simply nodded while the teachers stood behind them, their eyes grim. The teachers failed Izuku if they had to resort to bringing Himitsu in.

"What's going to happen to him?" Bakugou asked, his voice low and defeated. His classmates watched him with pity. Bakugou and Midoriya grew up together...they could only imagine how hard the blonde was taking all of this in.

Himitsu sighed, a soft smile on her face. She put a hand on Midoriya's forehead and shut her eyes. "You're going to get some answers."

"What?" Bakugou questioned again, annoyed at the vague answers his teachers were giving him. Suddenly darkness swept over the room. The students staggered, each of them tripping over something.

"GUYS?!" Ochako's frightened cry yelled. She frantically spun around, her arms trying to touch something. She yelped again as a soft hand placed itself on her shoulders. The gravity user spun around again, only to meet Himitsu's bright yellow eyes. The room was still dark, but Ochako started to make out dull outlines of her classmates. Her eyes focused again as she saw her classmates' confused looks.

"Ah, don't be scared children." Himitsu's voice rang out softly. "This is my quirk." 

Class 1-A huddled together, confused. "Where are we? This isn't the dorms." Iida finally said. Ochako looked around, there was nothing but black everywhere. It was as if she was standing in a room with no light or walls.

Himitsu walked up to the frightened class. "Don't worry, your teachers are here too." She spread an arm out as Aizawa, All might and Nezu started toward their students.

"And as for where we are..." She continued. "We are in Izuku Midoriya's mind."

A few gasps were heard. "His mind?" Kirishima pondered. "How is that even possible?" 

"Does this mean we finally find out why he's a villain?" Another voice rang out.

"I think so!"

"But, isn't it better to let Midoriya tell us himself?"

"There there, students," Nezu said coughing into his palm (paw?). "Let Himitsu-san explain her quirk."

Himitsu sent a thankful smile at Nezu, who simply nodded. "My quirk is called Memory watching. I use my quirk to help gain information from villains. But in Midoriya's case, we'll be watching his early memories and try to understand his motive and the reason he switched...sides." She finished.

The class stared in awe at the woman. A quirk like that was extremely impressive. The class nodded their heads signaling they understood.

Another bright flash blinded the teens. When they recovered from their shock, they gasped as they saw Midoriya. He looked a lot younger than he was now and his hair still had the green tinge to it. 

"Midobro!" Kirishima walked to the figure a hand raised in greeting. Kirishima tried putting his hand on the boy's shoulder only to see it go through his body. Kirishima stumbled back in surprise.

"It's just a memory, Eijiro-Kun." Himitsu said, sighing. "We can merely spectate. Midoriya won't know we're here either."

Kirishima made an 'o' shape with his mouth and then nodded.

(A/N: so, the parts written in italics are the memories. As in, what's going on in the memory and the normalized texts would be what's happening in the present.)

"Midoriya-san looks younger in this." Momo speculated. 

"Yes, we're starting off with memories of when he was in middle school," Himitsu said. Katsuki stiffened from beside Kaminari.

Izuku wore a black uniform, with a turtleneck, his eyes red. If anyone looked closely enough, they could say he was limping. The boy's mouth was strained as if he were trying to bite back a scream. Izuku finally gave up, and collapsed against a wall in an old alleyway, as he clutched his ribs, a tear finally sliding down his face.

"He looks like he's in pain," Nezu muttered. The class silently watched.

The boy's phone rang and he bent his head down to look inside his yellow backpack, grimacing and clutching his ribs again. "It's probably broken," Izuku muttered. He pulled out his phone and looked at the called ID, stiffening as he read the name.

"Yes, mother?" He answered with an icy tone.

Everyone winced. They never heard their classmate like that. He sounded so...angry.

"Get back home, boy. Your father's coming in a few minutes." The woman on the other side of his phone mumbled. Izuku rolled his eyes.

"I'll be there in half an hour." He answered. A sharp laugh broke through the phone as Izuku held it away from his ears, frowning.

"Half an hour? You better be home in 5 minutes, you shitbag." The woman spoke her voice dripping with venom.

Izuku's eyes widened. "5 minutes? That's impossible! I'm about 32 minutes away from ho-"

"You, better be here in 5 minutes." The woman said. "unless...you want an extra appointment?" 

Izuku stood up abruptly, and let out a yelp of pain, before ignoring it, and heading back home, his breathing irregular. "I'll be there..." He answered in a shaky voice.

"What was that?!" Katsuki yelled. The students looked at him in confusion. The teachers stood silently, trying to make sense out of whatever they just saw. 

"Are you honestly trying to tell me, that was aunty Inko?!" Katsuki continued, angrily. "And what the hell was 'appointment' supposed to be?! He doesn't have any health problems!"

"Aunty Inko? Isn't that Midoriya-san's real mother?" Momo asked in a cautious voice. Katsuki nodded gruffly. Tsuyu brought her finger up to her chin.

"I thought Midoriya-san said she was 'nice'..." She stated. Katsuki growled before taking in a deep breath.

"She was nice. Probably the sweetest person ever. So was Deku's father, Hisashi. There's no way that was them." He grumbled.

"We never knew Midoriya was a villain now did we? He was too nice to be a villain, yet here we are." Tokoyami spoke abruptly, earning a flinch from Katsuki. The blonde clenched his teeth together. The bird brain was right. But, the whole 'loving' family couldn't be an act...

...right?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

ahhh, another long chapter. Please comment on the chapters. I reaaally need the feedback. Consider voting and following if you like the chapter, it really helps and motivates ppl to write more. thanks for reading!