Chapter 12: Bad girl

Start from the beginning

I heard my door shut lightly behind me and my heart pounded, which may have been the alcohol, though I'm positive Joel's presence wasn't helping.

I locked eyes with Callan and gave him a "help me" look when I walked in, and as soon as Joel came in behind me, everyone turned their surprised gazes to him.

He stood tall, dressed comfortably in Adidas joggers with a long sleeve tee and white shoes to match, as always sprouting his signature gold watch. He looked delicious, and smelled even better. I wanted him to bend me over right now and-

I blinked.

Excuse me, I'm drunk.

"Uh, guys this is Joel." I introduced shyly. "And this is Callan, Sarah and Steve."

"Nice to meet you all." Joel extended his hand to Callan first, then went down the line to everyone. "I'm Kai's boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Sarah questioned confused, letting go of Joel's hand. "Since when did you have a boyfriend Kai?!"

My eyes widened, shoot.

I looked at Callan for help, except he was giving me the same look as Sarah, now standing with his hands resting on his small hips. I shot a quick glare in Joel's direction (which he ignored) preparing myself for both of my friends wraths for keeping this from them.

"It's not exactly- it's not like that. We're just talking." I declared.

That didn't help anything, if anything it made things worse. "And how long have you guys been "talking" Kai?" Callan demanded with the hand gestures, not buying it at all.

"Since yesterday!" I insisted.

"Then we should have known yesterday." Sarah pouted. Steve put a comforting arm around her and Callan agreed with a huff, crossing his arms around his chest.

Before I could apologize, Joel spoke, his deep voice seeming to boom throughout the room. Or maybe it was just me...

"Would you guys mind if Kai stayed in with me tonight? We just have so much to discuss."

My eyes flew to his, since when did we have-

"Yeah that's fine." Sarah answered, standing up to leave.

"Wait- what??" I asked, looking from Callan to Sarah.

"But we're coming over tomorrow to have our discussion, Kai." Callan told me, looking at Sarah to see if she agreed.

"Noon?" Sarah asked, and Callan nodded as if I weren't there.

"Um, I'm probably gonna be sleeping still-"

"She'll see you both tomorrow at noon." Joel confirmed cutting me off, and I looked at him as if he were crazy which he again ignored.

"Cool." Callan responded and I turned to gape at him now. Was everyone just out of their minds today or...

"Bye Kai Kai, we love you." Was all my closets friends told me before they went out the door, Steve towed behind them.

I just stared at the door dumbfounded, not believing that they really left without me. I turned and tried to glare at Joel again, placing the blame on him for barging in here knowing I was supposed to be going out. However when I looked at him, he was already glaring at me causing my expression to drop immediately, catching me off guard.

"We're only talking, hmm?" He tilted his head in questioning.

I backed away when he started to walk towards me slowly, my hands up in a surrendering motion, trying to calm the quickly escalating situation.