Chapter 9: Netfix & Chill?

We pulled into my driveway and thankfully my heart was calming down. I thought about my many many movie options. I had a lot of movie prescriptions, mostly because I chose not to have cable. I had Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO, Starz, and yes Disney Plus.

I would probably let him pick though, it always took me a solid half an hour to decide. That's why I usually gave up and ended up watching Spongebob or The Power Puff Girls.

Don't judge me.

My car door opened and I jumped, not even realizing Joel ever got out of the car. He was standing with his hand out to me, an amused smile on his face. I took it, loving the feel of my hand in his once again. We walked to my front door and he waited for me to open it, probably assuming that it was locked.

I never really got into the habit of locking my door. Nothing's ever gotten stolen before, so there's really no point.

Or so I thought.

I opened the door and walked in, and he gave me a look full of displeasure as he followed.

"You need to remember to lock your door princess." He told me in a stern kind of tone, shutting and locking the door for emphasis.

"Why?" I still asked curiously. "Nothings ever been stolen before." I let him know.

I gasped when he pulled me against him, and brought his face closer to mine.

"I don't care, I need to know that my little princess is safe." His mouth was next to my ear, his lips barely grazing it as he spoke, which was about all I could think about.

"I- um, o-okay." I agreed with a scarlet face, wanting him to kiss me so very badly. I really hoped I'd get at least one from him at some point tonight.

He gave me a satisfied smile and I shakily returned it, willing my heart to calm tf down while shrugging off my jacket. I threw it on my loveseat, and winced when I saw the mess that was my living room.

"It doesn't usually look like this." I fibbed.

He just hummed in a way that made me think he didn't believe me.

"Where do you keep your garbage bags?"

I looked at him startled. Garbage bags?? "Why are you gonna clean up or something?"

"No princess." He said walking closer. "You are."

I took a step back. "Um, no I'm not. I thought we were gonna watch a movie."

He only smiled, catching my arm again, and pulling me close. I looked up at him with a frown, ready to yell at him for constantly tugging me around. However, his suddenly soft eyes caused the words to die in my throat, not expecting such an expression. I looked away instinctively, eyes instead trailing down to his lips, and I couldn't help but notice how soft they looked. I didn't even realize I was leaning closer until he caught my chin to prevent me from moving anymore, and looked up to see now very dark eyes.

"I'll give my sweet little princess a kiss, after she's a good girl and does as Daddy says."

Daddy?