Chapter 2. Regrets

Boscha's POV

'ARGH! I'm such an idiot! Why did I say that to Willow? I left her alone knowing that she was about to cry. I made the situation worse with my stupid lies. I wish I just stayed there and comforted her. I don't know how to act around her at school now.'

"Boscha! Dinner is ready!" I heard my mother yell from downstairs.

I pushed my thoughts aside and quickly got out of my bed and walked downstairs to be greeted by my father and mother at the table. I sat on my usual seat and looked at the plate of food. I lost my appetite and didn't feel like eating after the incident.

My parents noticed my facial expression and my father asked, "What's wrong Boscha? I haven't seen you upset like this. I memorized that you were like this the time you stopped being friends with that plant witch."

"May I ask you something?" I asked.

"Proceed."

"What if I become friends with Willow again?"

My father's eyes became stern and I noticed that he was clenching his teeth.

"Don't ask such a stupid question. I told you before that you are not allowed to hang out with that weakling. Do you understand?"

"Yes, father."

"Remember what I said. If you're friends with Willow, we'll get rid of her. Our family as well as the Blight family shall not be friends with the weak nor will we help them. I don't want my own daughter to become weak like that disgraceful witch."

"Boscha please understand your father," my mother gave me a sad smile.

"Yeah yeah, I get it. You guys can have the rest of my dinner. I'm heading upstairs to rest," I got out of my seat and walked into my room filled with medals and trophies.

I don't know what to do now. I'm back to the beginning. All I feel is loneliness now because of what I said to Willow. I'm definitely regretting what I said. I missed our friendship that we had years ago. She missed the way I was when we were little kids. I wish I could go back to how I was, but I can't. My father will hurt Willow if he finds out that I'm talking to her. The only way I can push her away from me is to hurt her feelings. It's the only way to keep her from talking to me and becoming friends.

'UGH! I hate this so much!! Why is my family like this?! I don't care if Willow is weak or not. I rather be friends with her than keeping up with the fake act that I've been putting up with. It's time to throw away the mask from my face and show her that I lied and I can actually change for her. My father won't notice that I'll be hanging out with Willow nor will my mom. I just need to play it safe then do what I need to do to win Willow's trust again. But what will I say to her? It's not like I can go up to her and say, 'Hey Willow. The sun looks shinier than it was yesterday. Am I right?'

This is so dumb.

I decided to spawn my scroll and look through my contacts.

"Amity. Amelia. Cat. Skara," I mumbled.

Maybe I should text Amity. She knows more about Willow than I do. But I should wait though. Amity dislikes me more after the Grudgby match since I hurt her ankle. I guess I'll wait until things clear up for me. I'll first write an apology letter to Willow and give it to her next week. I'll talk to Amity privately during the week and apologize to her as well. Then I'll apologize to Luz and Augustus as well as my friends for the way I was acting. There's no way I could tell any of them about the real reason why I'm such a jerk. I really am a jerk, but it is time to become the real me.

-----------------------------

Willow's POV

"What's wrong pumpkin? Are you not liking the food?"