Chapter Twelve

Slick had Blaze take Kylie back to the club. Blaze was full of questions but Slick couldn't answer them right now. He needed a few moments of silence; which Crow understood completely. They were both stunned. Mathias was dead. Slick swallowed the lump forming in his throat. He wouldn't shed tears here, not now. He didn't understand why Carlile kept him alive. It made no sense. To slick it would have been easier to kill him and not have to deal with him later. Of course Carlile had a plan. If he thought Slick would fall into it he was surly mistaken.
Slick hurried as quickly as he could to the warehouse across town. It was where their crew kept the guns they shipped. It was five minutes from the club, and if need be Slick could be back there in record time. Crow tied the man to a chair. His face was black and blue and barely recognizable. Slick's hands began to shake. He wanted to hit this man too. He stopped himself and sat down.
"I want you to find out everything you can from this asshole," Slick said. "I'll send a few more guys down from the club to help you."
Crow nodded and put his hand on Slick's shoulder. It was as close to comfort as Slick would get from him.
"We're gonna get this motherfucker," Crow said. His eyes were blazing. "He's gonna suffer."
Slick nodded, he sure hoped. He stared at the man in the chair and it seemed the entire room appeared smaller. His breathing became more erratic, and his pulse was in his ears. He wasn't sure if it was anger or anxiousness but he couldn't take the feeling. Crow saw the dilemma on Slick's face.
"Go back to the club and sleep. You need it."
Slick wanted to argue. His life was going to be like this from here on out. He should get used to it now, but he just needed one night. One night to process everything. He just lost the man that he thought of as a father. The realization made his chest hurt.
"You're right for once," Slick smirked. "I need fresh air."
Crow nodded, "take as much time as you need, man."
"Call me if you need me," Slick looked back once at the man in the chair and left the building. He raced back to the club. He wasn't sure if he wanted to answer Blaze's questions. Blaze was as close to a brother as you could be. Slick knew he was going to be crushed. As soon as he entered the foyer he saw Kylie and Blaze. They were both sitting by the fire place. He could sense the anxiousness coming off of them from a mile away. They both knew something was wrong they just didn't know what.
As soon as Blaze saw Slick he jumped to his feet and ran over, "what happened? I did what you said and got her out when I heard the gunshot."
Slick nodded, he was grateful Blaze listened for the first time ever.
"Mathias is dead," Slick said. It looked as if Blaze had been slapped. He blinked quickly, and his face contorted, reflecting his confusion and shock.
"There's no way," Blaze said. "Carlile got him?"
Slick nodded, "Yeah, he did. I want Carlile dead, and soon. We need to figure out a plan," Slick rubbed his eyes. "First though I need to look through Mathias's stuff. I want to find where Carlile is hiding. I hope you aren't pissed at me, but I can't talk about what happened right now. I need to calm down."
Blaze nodded, he understood completely. He felt as if his entire world had been shaken to the core. They both looked back at Kylie who was twisting the necklace she wore. A nervous habit that Slick had noticed. Slick knew she was mad at him still. He didn't blame her. He was mad at himself. He made his was towards her and he could sense her coldness.
"Are you gonna explain?" She asked, crossing her arms.
"Mathias is dead."
Her jaw dropped, and her eyes clouded over in sadness. Slick wanted to look away. He didn't like it. She shot up out of her chair and put her arms around Slick. He almost didn't hug her back. He wasn't used to this kind of affection.
"I'm so sorry," she muttered. "I didn't know him well, but I knew how important he was to everyone here."
Slick gently hugged her back, the shock leaving him. "Thank you," he said.
They hugged for a few more minutes until Slick pulled away. He looked down at her and said, "I'm gonna need your help."
-----
Not edited. I'm sorry it's been so long. It's been an interesting couple months lol.
Short update until I get everything back on track.
Instagram: magnoliastreett