яєνιєω 36 | ℓσνє υиινєяѕє

Title: Love Universe

Author: PurpleLightARMY

Title: (5/5)

Cover: (4/5)

Description: (7/10)

Plot: (20/20)

Characters/Emotions: (19/20)

Writing Style: (13/15)

Grammar: (8/10)

Enjoyment: (4/5)

Total: (80/90)

Review:

Based on the plot, I didn't think there could be a better title for this book and it made sense. The cover was beautiful and I liked the galaxy color scheme. One note I wanted to make was that I could barely read the font on the top of the cover. I would either take it out because I don't think it's necessary when you already have a subtitle underneath the book's title, or I would edit it into a font that is more visible to the readers.

I actually liked your description, it was part of what made me interested in reading this story. But I took marks off because it was too long. Although everything in the description was appealing to readers, not everyone is going to take the time to read all that. I think the first part where you took an excerpt from the story was unnecessary (if anything it could've been used for a sneak peek of some sort). I would've taken the first quote and kept the bottom half of the description. I would also cut out the spaces because it felt unnecessary and your description would look a lot cleaner if everything was together. These are just suggestions though, you definitely don't have to change anything if you don't want to.

Moving onto the plot, I LOVED it. It was really well developed and I loved how you literally created this whole universe. I like how everything had a story and meaning behind it. While reading, I felt a bit bitter because I wish there really were guardians to help people who are suicidal.

I noticed that you have quite a few characters in your story, but it didn't bother me too much. I especially loved Jin's character, I could definitely see him playing such a role. I also liked Yoon Min's character and I'm really curious to find out her past. Going off of the description and the first few chapters, I kinda predicted Jin and Yoon Min's connection and past relationship when they were alive. But I'm going to wait for further updates before I confirm my predictions.

Also, I loved how you incorporated other k-pop idols into almost cameos. I'm a multistan, so it's nice to see all my favorite idols in one story. I'm also interested to learn more about the side characters and their stories (especially Myeong Jo and Jimin lol).

Overall, your writing style was good. You did a good job of describing the scenes and the character's emotions. I especially noticed this in the first few chapters of the story. One thing I wanted to point out was the romanised Korean throughout the story. I am well aware that there are people who hate books with Korean words, for a good reason.

Fortunately I am Korean and I know the basics, so I was able to understand for the most part. But because of the misspellings, I was a bit confused as to what you meant. I personally don't have a problem with the use of Korean words in fanfictions. But if you're going to use them, please try spelling out the romanization correctly. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to include it and you don't want readers to misinterpret anything.

For example,

Hello: "Annyong Haseo" should be "Annyeonghaseyo" or "Annyeong-haseyo."

Yes: "Nae" should be "Ne"

Thank you: "Khamsamnida" should be "Kamsahamnida" or "Gamsahamnida"

These are the proper romanisations you should be using if you're going to include Korean vocabulary in your story at all. The reason it's romanised like this is because it's the closest pronunciation to the actual Hangul characters. If you want, you can do further research on Korean terms and who they would be written out in English.

I'm sorry if I made this out to be a big deal because it's not. This was just something I noticed and thought should be pointed out. It really didn't bother me as much and I was still able to enjoy the story. I really do love reading Kim Seokjin stories. I think because I admire his character so much and he always plays a comforting role in his stories, I enjoy reading them. I look forward to future updates of Love Universe. Thank you for letting me review your book, author-nim!

Please remember to leave a comment so I know you saw this!

~ ~ ~

Until the next batch, my lovely readers ^-^