яєνιєω 34 | ρяιѕσиєя

Title: Prisoner

Title: Prisoner

Author: taekooksister

Title: (3/5)

Cover: (3/5)

Description: (6/10)

Plot: (15/20)

Characters/Emotions: (14/20)

Writing Style: (13/15)

Grammar: (9/10)

Enjoyment: (2/5)

Total: (65/90)

Review:

The reason why I gave the title a three out of five was because I don't think it fit the plot. Considering the storyline, Jungkook doesn't seem to be a "prisoner" for very long and nor is the queen. So I felt like there could've been a better choice of title for this book. The cover was alright but I wasn't convinced to read your story. If you are making a cover or having someone make it for you, I would suggest using a specific theme or aesthetic for it.

Your description wasn't bad either. I appreciate that you gave us readers a synopsis. But if I were to comment on one thing, it would be that you gave away a bit too much information. A description shouldn't give too little information but not too much to the point where you are spoiling the plot. In your description you went from Queen Seonghun imprisoning Jungkook to them falling for each other, then her being set for execution and forbidden love. I should NOT be learning this much about your story in the description. So I definitely recommend going back and editing this. I would shorten it and cut out some parts. You want to leave a bit of mystery to attract readers!

This is a plot that I've seen quite a few times in fanfictions and I'm not saying it's a bad one. I think the story was actually really interesting and had a lot of potential. But one major issue I had while reading was the pacing. I really felt like the plot was rushed. You go from Queen Seonghun to imprisoning Jungkook in chapter one, then they're suddenly in love at chapter seven. This would not have been a problem if you had more build up in their relationship leading up to that chapter. Instead I found their sudden attraction for one another abrupt and fast. Not just rushing their relationship, but I felt that the conflict in this story was also rushed. If I were you I would try to spread out the plot into longer chapters. You seem to have a lot of good ideas for the story. But you should give more time for the readers to digest and understand it.

Another note that I wanted to make was that in the description you said that Jungkook was a prince. Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't catch anything about him being royalty in the actual story. This is a legitimate question lol, I was confused.

Going off what I said about you rushing Jungkook and Seonghun's relationship, I also felt like there wasn't much character development. Everything seemed to happen so fast that it's almost as if you didn't give them time to change, they just did so abruptly.

Your writing and grammar was actually pretty good. For the most part everything was clear and I could understand what was going on. I didn't have many problems with it, so good job on that.

This story was really interesting, but I couldn't enjoy it because (as I mentioned before) everything happened so fast. Please don't take my criticisms too harshly, I only want to help you become a better writer. Thank you for letting me view your book author-nim!

Please remember to leave a comment so I know you saw this!

~ ~ ~

Until the next review, my lovely readers ^-^