023

[Johnny Cade]

A few nights ago Chantel went to give Dally cake for his birthday and well he didn't want to come to see us and when he doesn't want to see the gang and leaves for a long time it's for a reason and he just doesn't like being disturbed.

I didn't really care if she went cause I knew nothing was going to happen cause everything between Elle and me were going really well. It's just like we were before we were a couple except I kiss her now.

Anyway, I went to School with Pony and we didn't see Chantel all day which was weird cause she never missed 2 days of school unless she has a bug. I mean I know she was at Bucks but she never misses more than 2 days of school.

So after school, we went to her house.

"You think she's here?" I asked Ponyboy

"She has to be" Ponyboy knocked on the door

Mrs. Davidson opened the door

"Oh hello boys" she smiled

"Is Elle here?" I asked worried

"No she never came home last night, she said she was staying at Buck Merrill's for the night and all today to help a friend"

"Oh okay" I nodded

"Thanks, bye" Ponyboy and I walked away and looked at each other

"Don't look at me like that Ponyboy" I said to him as we walked to a Buck's.

"Dal and her have something and you know it, Johnny"

"He doesn't like her he always complains bout Her"

"Who knows Johnny, Soda, and Steve told me they were really close that day she left really mad at Dally"

"That was months ago"

"Dal could have left for so long cause he doesn't want to see her" Ponyboy shrugged

"He doesn't like her like that I asked him and he said he was happy for me and her and that we deserve each other or something"

"Well Johnny feelings change"

"But she's really happy being with me"

"Yeah but even she said she didn't see you like that"

"That was before I asked her"

"Johnny use your head for a minute won't you" Ponyboy sighed, We both walked up the steps to Buck's and heard music playing.

We looked through the window and Saw Dally and Elle dancing together. She was wearing his shirt and had no pants

"Johnny," Ponyboy said softly

"I've never seen Dally dance and laugh and smile all in one" I mumbled

"You know why right?"

"No, he is just having fun that's why"

"Johnny" I knew why but I wish I didn't.

We kept looking at what was happening and all that ran through my head was. She's not mine. I don't see her smile like that with me, which broke my heart but it was true.

I never saw them like each other because of how different they actually were. Him and her were just so different that you wouldn't expect them to be together, in fact, you would expect them to hate each other.

I saw them both keep dancing then Elle did something to her calve and she yelled or something.

"I have to help her" I was about to open the door but Ponyboy stopped me

"Johnny let Dal do it," Ponyboy said to me

"But she's my girl Ponyboy!" I said loudly

"Johnny" He pointed to the window and I saw Dally just held her and he was laughing, She slapped and then he started helping her out a bit.

"I have to go stop this shes my girl Ponyboy!"

"Johnny tell me right now look me in the eyes and tell me she looks at you like that and loves you in that way"

"But Ponyboy I can't lose her and you know it, I love her so much"

"Johnny she is literally wearing no pants! Tell me what they did" Ponyboy said as he stepped away from the window

"I know what you're thinking but she isn't like that" We both started walking back to the Curtis house.

"Come on Johnny it's Dally, if she's wearing no pants and his t-shirt what do you think happened? Say it Johnny cause you know it's true"

"She wouldn't cheat on me" Then I started thinking about yesterday and how she didn't let me go upstairs and how she insisted on going to Buck's on his birthday.. "oh my god"

"Exactly,"

She cheated on me with my best friend.