0.24

April 5th 1988

We were in Houston and had a day off before rehearsals the next day. I wake up to a loud knocking at the door.

"I call not getting it." I say, rolling over.

"I don't want to get up." Dom says quietly.

"Fine. On the count of three we both get up."

"One," he starts.

"Two."

"Three." We both say together and neither of us move.

"I thought you were going to move!" We say together again.

"Ugh." I groan and push Dominic's arm off my waist before getting up.

"Yay!" He celebrates.

"Oh shut it, you're getting the next one."

"Aww."

"Haha." I open the door to see Randy dressed and bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"What's up?"

"We're gonna go to the aquarium, do you two want to join?"

"Randy what time is it?"

"About nine thirty."

"Bye." I close the door and turn around and climb back in next to Dom.

I hear a knock again a few hours later, waking us up again.

"Your turn." I tell Dom, kicking him out of the bed and wrapping the blankets around me. I hear him talking to someone before he closes the door and jumps on top of me.

"Get up." He says, poking my cheek.

"Dommmm. Stop it." I complain, hiding under the blankets.

"We're going to an aquarium." He says, pulling the blankets off me.

"You suck." I say, sitting up and yawning. "What time is it anyway?"

"Two in the afternoon. They waited for us but Randy was getting tired of sitting around." I nod and walk into the bathroom.

"Do you think they'll let me pet a dolphin?" Randy asks as we walk into the aquarium.

"Probably not." Jenn says, laughing.

Dom and I split from the group, deciding to go see the sharks. We pause in the underwater tunnel, watching the fish swim around us.

"Have you ever loved someone but have been too afraid to say it?" Dom asks as we see two hammerhead sharks swim by.

"All the time."

"Same." We fall quiet and I see Jenn slap her forehead, talking to LaVelle. She's talking quietly enough that I can barely hear her but Dom can't.

"They're idiots. Actual idiots. Oh my god just kiss already! Or not I'll just hear Isa talk about this for the next week." I smile slightly as she keeps talking, but walking away with LaVelle. I take Dom's hand and we walk over to the dolphins.

"Did you know dolphins are actually jerks?" I say as we watch the dolphins swim around.

"Really?"

"Yeah," I nod, "They'll kill porpoises for literally no reason, they drown birds, again for no reason. It's funny because they're one of the smartest animal species." Dom looks shocked.

"I always thought they were super peaceful and playful animals." I nod in agreement. He kisses my cheek and I look up at him in shock.

"Why'd you do that?"