Chapter 1

Interview

Lisa's POV

"Ms. Manoban?" The maid called me. I stood up from my sit.

"Yes?"

"Mr. Kim is now ready to interview you, please follow me" the maid said which I immediately obliged. I Sighed.

This is it. Lisa, remember what Rosé told you, just be natural, relax and answer honestly then everything will be alright. Right. But what if I'll stutter while answering? And say some random shit?

I shook my head.

No, don't think negative, Lisa, just think positive and calm down because your hands are shaking- wait, my hands are shaking?

I Check my hands and it is indeed shaking. I clasp them together to stop the shaking.

"We are here now, just knock first before you enter. I'll go now" the maid said then bow. I politely bow back at her and said my thank you to her before she leaves. I sighed again.

Ok, this is it Lisa. Fighting!

I thought. Then form my right hand into fist. I knocked to the door first before I heard a deep voice said "come in" I sighed one last time before I opened the door and entered the room that looks like just an office. I closed the door behind me and quickly bowed when I saw the man sitting in front of his table looking at me.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim. I am Lalisa Manoban. It's nice to meet you" I bowed again and stood firmly before I made an eye to eye contact to Mr. Kim. I Gulp.

"Hmm" he nodded "is it fine if I call you Lisa? " Mr. Kim asked so I quickly nodded.

"Of course, Mr. kim" I said. He smiled before he motion me to sit down which I quickly obliged. I gently give him my resume. He opened it and start reading it.

Seconds later....

"So in your resume, you are from Bangkok, Thailand. May I ask why you're here in korea? I mean why your finding a work in here and why not in your own country? " He asked. I sighed for the nth times again before answering.

"Because I got a college scholarship here in korea which I immediately accepted cuz that will be really a big help for me and also for my parents, as you can see, sir, we are not rich, and I once have a part time job here, and they give enough salary for me and to my family. That's why I decided to just extend my stay here to work and help my parents in thailand" I answered honestly. He look at me for a second before he nodded his head and ask question again.

"It also said here that you took muay thai" I nodded " why? "

"Because my parents wanted me to know how to use a self defense in case that I'll get myself in trouble or danger, because I'm there only child" he nodded again.

"But learning muay thai is quite expensive, right?"

"Yes"

"Then how did you afford to take a lesson? Because just like what you said, your family is not that rich. No offense, Lisa"

" No, it's ok, Mr. Kim. It just happened that my closest uncle is a muay thai teacher and my dad beg for him to teach me and he gladly accepted it without any second thought, that's why"

"You said your family is not that rich but it's written here that your family own a small restaurant in Thailand"

"Actually our restaurant in Thailand is already close of bankruptcy"

"I'm sorry to hear that" Mr. Kim sincerely said.

"It's alright, sir"

"Anyways, you don't have any experience being a bodyguard, am I right?"