"Hide it, hide it, hide it, we can't let Abby see them." Kalani says laughing.

"Lani, breathe. In, out, in, out." I say.

"I can't." Kalani says and continues laughing.

We spent the rest of the time eating Skittles and making jokes, it was one of the best afternoons on a while.

•One Day To Competition•

As soon as my ballet private was over I go back to the Dancer's Den.

"Where do you guys think Nia is?" I hear Kendall ask as soon as I open the door.

"She said she was going to be late." Maddie says as I close the door, "I just feel like every week something bad happens with Holly and Abby. Like it's just going on and on and on."

I sit and cross my legs.

"Yeah, but it also would kinda suck, to have to come to dance every single day, and your teacher being mad at you, because of something your Mom did." Kalani says standing up.

"I feel like, now, the situation between Abby and Holly, are starting to get a little bit like Christi and Chloe." Maddie says, "You know how they kind of, like, went back and forth at each other?"

"What if that continues to happen and then it becomes something that big?" I ask.

"I hope that never happens." Kenzie says.

"Everyone get in here!

We all enter Studio A and sit against the mirror.

"Maddie, you better get your butt in gear. This week, we're not worried about the Grammys, we are worried about being number one." Abby tells Maddie.

The music starts and Maddie starts dancing.

"Don't drop on that supporting heel! You know that correction!"

After solo rehearsals, we start with the final group dance rehearsal.

"When you were that passe with relevé, that's a ballet step. You're in relevé."

We continue dancing, but the timing is really off.

"Right there, when you're in that tandu to the back, that foot should be winged."

We stop dancing and look over to Abby.

"All right, listen. We have a lot on the line this week. You know they're gonna be there. And when Cathy is there, it makes me crazy."

I think it makes everyone crazy.

"Don't even realize they exist. Put your blinders on, shoo. Focus. They're nothing to you." Abby tells us and looks over to Brynn, "Brynn, you're stepping out on stage for the first time representing the Abby Lee Dance Company. People were expecting Maddie. If you get a solo here, you should be amazing." She looks over to Maddie, "Maddie, on the complete flip-side you have a reputarion to uphold. You have a name. You need to ger out there and dance, like youd life depends on it. Like your future."

Abby looks over to me and I cross my arms.

"Melanie. You have the 'Cry' solo, Maddie was first with it, Mackenzie was second with it, choose who will you follow. I would prefer for you to follow Maddie, because that's the only option here. Alright? Okay. Go."

So why do you tell me I can choose if then you just give me on option? Whatever. 

We go back home, I take a shower, eat dinner, watch some TV and get ready for the competition tomorrow.