Defence Against The Dark Arts (Neville)

“From Hogwarts,” Dumbledore paused. “Natsu Dragneel.” I couldn’t quite remember who that was, but everyone else seemed to.

 “WHAT?!" Everyone, who did not know he put his name in the goblet, cried. I craned my neck to see a Pink haired guy a few people down from him pump his fist, stand up, and saunter down the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables.

 Dumbledore raised a hand for silence, which immediately fell, as the next slip of paper burst out of the goblet and fluttered into Dumbledore's hand.

 "And from Durmstrang" he paused "Viktor Krum." The hall burst into clapping and whistling-for a good reason.

 "Knew it would be him!" Ron exclaimed.

 Krum stood up and walked to the same door at the back. Another hush quickly fell over the crowd, and the goblet’s flames once again turned bright red, and spit out the next slip. “From Durmstrang,” Dumbledore announced as he caught it, “Andrei Minkov” Everyone looked across the hall to see a big surly guy, similar to Krum-thick eyebrows, close-cropped black hair, except this guy was a little shorter, a little bulkier, and a much bigger nose. There was a huge outburst of clapping and cheering from the Durmstrang students, and a small pattering (A/N: I have no idea if that’s a word or not, but it just sounds right) from the rest of us. He walked up the same route Krum did, except, I noticed, with better posture.

 For the fifth time, the goblet spit out a slip of charred paper. Dumbledore caught it, and read out “From Beauxbatons, Fleur Delacour.” A girl that closely resembled a Veela smiled, and stood up. She had waist-length, light blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and pale skin. Like a fairy, she walked (or should I say floated) to the door.

 The last slip: “And last but not least, from Beauxbatons, Clementine Blanchett.”A girl with black bob, dark skin and surprisingly bright blue eyes stood up, and walked gracefully to the same door.

 A/N: Directly from the book:

 “Oh, look, they’re all disappointed!” Hermione said, with mock sympathy. ‘Disappointed’ may have been an understatement. Two of the other girls had dissolved into tears, sobbing with their heads in their arms.

 “Excellent!” Dumbledore called happily. “Well, we now have our champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster, By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real-”

But Dumbledore suddenly stopped speaking, and it was apparent to everybody what had distracted him.

 The fire in the Goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were flying out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne upon it was another piece of parchment.

 Automatically, it seemed, Dumbledore reached out a long hand and seized the parchment. He held it out and stared at the name written upon it. There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands, and we all stared at Dumbledore. And then Dumbledore cleared his throat, and read out- “Harry Potter.”

 Partially from the book:

 I was shocked. I turned, and looked at Harry, who was sitting, frozen, mouth hanging open.

 “I didn’t put my name in.” Harry stated blankly. “You know I didn’t.”

 “Harry Potter!” He called again “Harry! Up here, if you please!”