08 | she's in oblivion

Start from the beginning

But all of those thoughts immediately vanished the moment Hyejin could feel something grab onto her hand next to her. She automatically shoots her eyes in the direction of Wheein, who had a gaze held forward as if nothing was happening, though her position looked extremely tense. Hyejin looks down towards her hand, seeing that it was grasped almost tightly in Wheein's. A low gasp leaves her mouth from the sight as she quickly shuts herself up from suddenly imploding on her own thoughts.

Instead, she easily relaxes into Wheein's grasp on her hand, interlocking her fingers together with hers, and continues walking.

However, she knew those thoughts would only continue to haunt her. She knew she had to put up some sort of a fight.

And perhaps she should fight back this time.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

If only Wheein could find the exact calculation to the way her heart was racing inside her chest, or the way her cheeks blushed so deeply in embarrassment, because at this point, it was merely impossible to pinpoint the exact answer on a graph. She immediately just wanted to eliminate herself out of existence for doing such an impulsive move out of nowhere, hoping that everything caused by her would just disappear into thin air to leave no trace behind. The internal panic she had caused within herself was incredulously large to handle. And luckily, she could easily hide those feelings despite the obvious and humiliating tenseness in her body. Outside, she looked almost normal, and on the inside, her stomach was doing somersaults.

As she glances ahead, she could clearly see the view of their school ahead of them. A quiet breath of relief leaves her mouth as she continues to hold a clumsy grip with Hyejin's hand. It somewhat surprised her that Hyejin had seemingly accepted her hand grip because she thought the girl would reject it.

She didn't know exactly why she did it𑁋well, that's an utter lie. She did it because she saw how Hyejin began to tense out of nowhere, as if she was suddenly feeling uncomfortable. It made the return of her memory about how her own grandmother would hold onto her hands when she would feel stressed or uncomfortable𑁋it was just something she got used to doing with those she... felt close to.

They continue to walk together, letting the silence guide them towards the school. Squinting her eyes, Wheein could see other kids beginning to trail inside the gates of the school as well. None of them she recognised though as she assumed they were mainly underclassmen that were all mentally independent in their own little worlds, while most of the upperclassmen and her class were all over the place, with a couple of people who are just the typical bunch of pricks. Sounds like a fun high school to be in.

As they finally walk past the gates, Wheein could feel Hyejin behind her take an abrupt pause, which makes her pause in place as well.

Hyejin looks down at their interlocked hands for a moment, a small smile at her mouth before slowly and reluctantly untangling her fingers with Wheein. Wheein felt as if she had been holding a breath for almost ten minutes, so upon seeing Hyejin let go, an exhale leaves her mouth and she silently hoped that Hyejin didn't exactly notice that.

Hyejin tries to meet eyes with the girl, but fails as Wheein continued to have her gaze and head low.

So she just sighs, "Th-Thank you for walking with me to school today," she says. "I really appreciate, I do."

Wheein just shyly nods before turning ahead and facing in the direction of the home of the cherry blossom tree that stood just not that far away from them. Hyejin only watched the the girl step a couple of steps away from her, probably assuming that she would be following behind.