chapter 23

Dream POV

She stormed out after threatening me and ranboo slowly gets up to follow her, blade sits with a stupidly proud smile on Face.

"This is You're fault" I shoot and his smile drops.

"My fault?" He scoff, he stands up and walks over to the window to watch them, "Oh dream, I see you still don't like taking responsibility for your actions" he sighs and I walk over and remove my mask entirely from my face and place it down on the counter top.

"Dont be smug" I roll my eyes and he chuckles, he walks over to the table and takes a seat with a sword between his legs.

"What are you gonna do?" He asks.

"About what?" I fire back with a smirk, I take a seat across from him and put my feet on top of the table.

"When she finds out that you're keeping keeping wilbur and schlatts reserection from her" my heart sinks, he shouldn't know about that.

"How do you know about that?" He pushes my feet of the table and they hit the floor with a loud thud, he chuckles and shakes his head.

He doesn't answer my question but the smile sticks to his face. He uses a small cloth and polishes his sword with it while ignoring my stares.

"Blade!" He laughs slowly and shakes his head.

"After you traumatised the child he went rummaging through my book shelves" he starts and I let out a frustrated sigh, "I watched him do it from a crack in the door" my mouth parts slightly and he just chuckles, "watched you take him out to Echo after he hid it from you in his shoe" his voice and smile hold a sense of pride.

"And you didn't think to stop him?" He leans back in his chair with a smirk and shakes his head.

"Doesn't matter they would have found the spell anyway he just made it easier" I shake my head and hit the table in frustration.

We fall into a silence and I start to wonder where she could have gone, a strange feeling sets in my chest and look around to distract myself

"When she finds out he's alive she'll kill you... or worse" I snap my head up to look at him and throw him a questioning look.

"Whats worse than death?" He laughs and places the sword next to the door.

"She'll find a way to make you wish you were dead" I roll my eyes and hear footsteps outside, I rush over to my mask and clip in back on over my head.

I sit back down and ranboo walks through the door, i glance to blade who sends him a questioning look when Echo doesn't walk in behind him.

"Ranboo where's Echo?" He catches his breath and shrugs his shoulders slightly, "what do you mean? You don't know where she is?" He shakes his head and glances back around and closes the door.

"She ran too fast for me, I didn't know where she was going and didn't wanna risk losing any memories" he nods and I stare down at the floor with a small drip of guilt filtering into my chest.

"Getting worse eh?" He nods at me with a defeated look.

"Every time I teleport or panic the voices get a little louder and I forget more" I can't help but feel bad for the kid, "the panic room is starting to help less and less" he admits and much to my surprise blade gives him a hug.

"We'll figure it out kid, not yet, but we will" he holds him at arms length and after he nods at blade he ruffles his hair and sends him away.

"You've gone soft" he rolls his eyes and grabs his sword again from the door.