chapter 15

TOMMY POV

its dark and cold.

"Let me out!" I yell but hear nothing in return, I pull my knees into my chest and tuck myself into the corner.

A few moments later I hear heavy steps coming towards the door, it swings open and blade is standing in the doorway with something in his hand.

"Hey kid" I look up at him and he glances around, "here" he throws an apple my way and I catch it in both my hands.

He looks me up and down examine my tattered and shredded clothes from dream.

It all happened in a blur, he took me last night after I said goodnight to toby and bought me to this awful place where he did things no doubt wilbur would kill him for.

He examines my face and I move my hand over the bruise on my cheek to avoid feeling too weak, I should fight back but he's a lot bigger than I am.

He leaves after a moment with a sigh, I look around the room for anything but all that's in here is a book shelf and an awful pillow.

I stand and walk over to the bookshelf to examine the titles.

Rules of Enchanting
Potato farming
Guide to the Nether realm
Guidr to the End realm

I huff at useless they are until my eyes flick over a title to a small book near the end of the shelf.

"Necromancy" I breathe and quickly pick up the book, I flip through the pages until I find the right chapter and read through it.

I'll never remember all this

I hear voices pick up outside and take the opportunity to rip the chapter out of the book, I fold the pages and tuck them into the side of my boots so they're out of sight.

I hear steps, lighter ones this time and rush back to my corner just before he opens the door, from my standing position I notice its dark again and my entire body feels numb.

"Its your lucky day" dream says, I glare at him but he only chuckles. I don't move from spot he clearly gets impatient because he grabs the back of my hair and drags me out of the room.

I cry and kick against him, blade says something indint hear and it makes dream stop for a brief moment.

"Dont get soft blade" he spits and continues to drag me outside, I grip his wrist with both hands to try and get him losen his grip but he doesn't.

The cold air hits me and a moment later I find myself down the stairs on my hands and knees in the snow. I try and calm my breathing and gather my surroundings.

"Take him he's no fun anyway" I glance back at dream and then infront of me.

"Echo!" I cry and scramble to my feet, she takes a few steps to meet me in the middle and she wraps both of her arms around me tightly and I can't help but cry into for a moment.

"Are you okay?" She asks, she brushes her white hair from her face and notices the bruises all over me and my tattered clothes, "I'm so sorry tommy" I smile feeling safer but dream interrupts us.

"You know tommy you may act brave" he starts and Echo pushes me behind her and grips her sword, "but we all know you aren't" he laughs but quickly stops while focusing on echo.

"You know the deal" he says in a low voice, she sighs, "say your goodbyes" I snap my head to her and she turns to face me with a pained look.

"What does he mean goodbyes?" She unties her mantle and wraps it around me, she grabs the reins to her horse and places them in my hand.

"Tommy, I need you to listen carefully" I nod and feel myself start to shake a little, "go back to L'manburg, find Sam and tell him I won't be home for some time okay?" I shake my head and glance at dream quickly.

"I'm not leaving without you!" She smiles a little and wraps me in another hug.

"You don't have a choice" she pulls back and grabs both of my shoulders, I can't but let a few tears slip across my face and smiles lightly, "its okay tommy, go home" she takes a step back but I throw myself into her for one last hug, knowing I have to leave.

I pull away and climb on her horse with a slightly struggle. I glance back down to her and wipe the tears from my vision.

Why do I lose everyone I love?

"Go home" she says one last time, I pull the reins and take off towards my home. I glance back and she's walking towards dream, I snap my head back feeling the pain of losing yet another person to them.

I keep going holding in the tears as I see the castle come into view. I go as fast as I can and quickly reach the edge of the village.

"Sam!" I call out climbing down from the horse and tripling over my feet as I try to run to find someone, anyone.

I hear people talking in the centre area and make a break for it.

"SAM! TOBY!" I'm desperate to find anyone and when I run through the last street to the centre everyone notices me.

I stop dead in my tracks looking for Sam or Toby and spot them both.

"Tommy?" Sam walks away from toby and makes a break for me, I weakly run towards and he pulls me into a tight hug while he places a hand on my head and relaxes himself.

He stands up and pats my head and Toby is standing right behind him with teats brimming in his eyes.

He takes a step forward to hug me and I fall into it.

"I was so worried" he says and I chuckle at him.

"Why? I'm so intimidating that dream was scared of me" I joke, he pulls away and sees right through but rolls his eyes to play along anyway, "and besides I told him I had a best bud to get back to"  he smiles brightly and then looks to Sam.

I notice that some of the others are walking over but Sam steps infront of toby and I quickly.

"Wheres Echo?" He rushes and I move my hand to grip the mantle around my shoulder. I look down feeling the pain settle in again.

"She said she's not going to be home for some time" I mumble and everyone makes their way over.

"Where is he?!" My head snaps up and I look around frantically until inspot him making his way towards me.

"Dad!" I run over and he wraps his arms around my tightly. I wince slightly at rhe pain returning in my cheek and he pus back quickly and examines me.

"I'm so sorry i let this happen tommy" I smile weakly and nod, "I was so focused on making ranboo comfortable" I look away from him a little and nod again.

I turn back to toby and Sam, feeling slightly hurt my own father was too busy with someone who isn't his own child.

"Can you walk me to the castle Sam?" I mumble, he nods and Toby follows behind as he walks me there. I glance back and my dad stands up and walks away with guilt heavy in his features.

We walk through the doors and niki opens the door to the throne room and I see Eret push off the throne and come towards us. George and nick were closely behind and John was also lingering with them.

Eret gives a me a quick hug and before I can say anything I pull the papers from my boots and hand it to him.

"Whats this? Wheres Echo?" He asks taking the paper and unfolding it. I keep my gaze to the floor and sigh heavily.

"Shes uh- not gonna be home for a while" I notice John walk out with a hand over his face and nick and george exchange a pained glance.

"And this?" He questions waving the pages slightly.

"Resurrection spell and requirements"