" We have moved far away from the days of dictatorship, packs need more self independence and this is it. A pack grows and finds its footing." Ronan says.

" So how long would this exercise go on for?"

" Under probation ofcourse, from the high table, we can place in 5 months and once it has been made official, and introduced, the number of years varies by the progress of the baby packs, the process and how fruitful the future looks." I answer.

" So once fruitful and independent, we cut ties right?"

" Right." Travis says.

" We hear all this and everything lies in us having more responsibility, there seems to be more privilege for the small packs. What about us, what do we get out of this if we agree?"

" Dominance as the North."

I notice a number of alphas sit up straight at the answer given.

" There is something fascinating about the movement of the wind, similar to a rumour, gossip or just a word. One thing leads to another and the next, attention. We become attractive in this beauty pageant." Travis says.

" It is no secret that there is competition in all four parts, whether it be South or West wing. We all want to be the best but best is not enough, without a goal." I say.

" And the goal is?"

" To no longer present or prove our worth each time, like a class monitor reporting the activities in the absence of a teacher, no." Travis says. " We level up now."

" The North has a seat at the high table." I say, locking eyes with Elder Grayson.

The room temperature heightens with emotion and every composure crumbles.

That's when it rings in mind.

Bingo.

                        ******

" You've got a tongue on you." A voice says as I exit the bathroom.

His arm blocks my way when I intend to move past him.

" A little girl that is trying to play at the big field. It's quite cute but don't you think it's time to quit before you embarass yourself any further and prove my words right, that you are nothing more then -"

" Are you done trying to suffocate me with your breath?"

His demeanor changes and the animalistic side of him, peeks out.

" Listen here little girl, you'd better watch your step."

" And why would I do such a thing when I see nothing before me, to fear?"

An evil smirk takes over his face.

" You've been warned."

" By who, you?" I quirk my brow.

He narrows his eyes at me.

" You have no idea who I am do you? - Well you should ask around." He says so proudly.

I smile, making him both confused and offended, that his threats have no effect on me.

" And why are you smiling huh?"

" You've just single handedly given me everything I need to know. Thank you alpha Gage." I nod, pushing past him.

He grabs my arm and my head snaps to him.

" Get your filthy hands off my sister!" The sound of Ronan's voice booms throughout the hallway.

It is only after a second too long, he does, taking a step back from me.