" What is your suggestion to the subject of the small packs?" Ronan asks, stealing a glance Elder Grayson's way.

They have had a few encounters and I can sense Ronan's edginess about his presence. He doesn't like the idea of his eye lingering my way.

" Adoption."

At the mention of that word, it sparks everyone's interest. A boost of confidence hits me when I see that I've got everyone's attention.

" What do you mean by this?" The old alpha who had spoken yesterday, voices out.

" Beta Travis." I say, giving him room to say his piece.

" I have mapped out the whole of the North, that we occupy." He says, typing away on his laptop. " I outlined from the major packs going down and how much more land, they have, until there is a clear picture of where we can find most of the small packs."

" Be it registered or a start up, close to being a qualifying number of members, to actually make up a pack." I say.

With the projector having been set up and ready, for anyone to use, Travis makes use of it. I give him room to move around and connect everything and I use this time, to keep each person focused.

" We have heard the proposal from the high table but we propose something different." I gesture towards the planning that Travis had drafted while everyone was in discussion.

One thing about Travis is that he is good with his hands and drafting every plan, putting it on paper as discussion flows.

" As you can see here, this part of the area has majority of small packs and fortunately enough, some are close to the big packs. Which would make it easy to adopt one and take it under your wing." He points to a certain spot.

" It would neither lose its name or its operation, but have a stronger foundation to build a more fruitful pack." I add.

" With around two to four small packs being closer to one major pack, that would be more weight to lift don't you think?" Alpha Dane says.

" Right, then this means that each of us have a kid to adopt." Travis responds.

" Do we include Rouges?" One alpha asks.

" I hope not." Alpha Gage scoffs.

" We can't exclude if there are a few good ones, those who are lost and need a home." Alpha Dane says

" They are all the same."

" That's a narrow mindset leader." Elder Grayson is quick to shut alpha Gage down.

" Wasn't your niece a rouge too?"

" Don't you dare -"

" Gentlemen!" I let out in authority, the Luna in me coming out. " It has been a long day and we need to conclude soon. Never ending arguments won't serve any purpose, now, shall we continue?"

By their silence, we continue.

" Through this adoption exercise, we show humility, we show oneness and we show leadership. The packs might be under each of our protection, but it doesn't mean they lose their identity."

" Through this exercise, there is less chance of exposure to the outside world and we maintain our dignity as the Northern side."

Within the silence, the leaders take in all the information given.

" I think this is all a fairytale." Alpha Gage speaks up, leaning back on his seat.

" I disagree, it makes sense to me because it lessens the chances of rouge growth. I mean there is nothing more troubling then a werewolf with no sense of belonging or identity." The old alpha says.