xxvii. MOM

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

MOM

"𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

"𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐈𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲."

"THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN, FOR COVERING FOR ME." Elizabeth gets out of the van, placing her feet on the gravel of the house she was dreading to return to.

"It's no problem, Liz, we're glad to see you and Billie getting along better," Zoe follows her inside; Claudia and Finneas follow them down the stairs to the basement.

Billie remains in the van; packing up the back to protect their equipment from the humidity. She felt drained; exhausted from the emotions that she had gone through that night.

But she had something to tell Elizabeth that night, and she wasn't sure how she was going to take it.

She locks the van up; walking inside and straight to the stairs. She didn't want to see Rossmery anymore. She didn't want to lose Elizabeth over anything. 

As she approaches downstairs, her eyes move to her. Seeing Elizabeth as she stood at the foot of the couch; talking to Claudia.

Billie makes her way over to her; wrapping her arm around her waist and pulling her close to whisper in her ear. "Do you want to go down to the last, just you and I?"

She nods, smiling over at Billie. "Let me just get some shorts on."

She waits for Elizabeth to leave to her room before looking at the others. "We're going down to the lake. For the love of God I'm begging you; please don't let Rossmery follow us down there."