xviii. ABANDONED

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

ABANDONED

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝."

IT WAS JUST A VAN.

Previously, Elizabeth felt as the white-painted van symbolized adventure. 

She'd step foot in it and expect the world to fall at peace; like it held the key to the world.

But now; It was nothing more than an invaluable piece of metal.

One that held her worst memory; that night.

Elizabeth sits in stone on the household couch; she had been waiting for hours. So long, in fact, that darkness fell over the neighborhood. 

It had been hours, all day since Billie had stormed out with the van. Leaving her on her own as their family settled in from their trip.

Elizabeth sat in the same place for the majority of that time, just waiting to see the headlights reflect through the window. 

And finally, they had. Twelve twenty in the morning to be exact.

Elizabeth unlocks the front door, opening it in awaits for Billie to come in, hopefully, cooled off from whatever she was feeling that morning. 

However, she never got out of the van. Only sitting there; for a minute in the least.

Elizabeth steps out in her socks, the concrete damp from the previous rain; although she didn't care. For she was extremely happy to see Billie.