xvii. DECIDE

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

DECIDE

"𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐬"

BILLIE PICKS UP A RANDOM BLACK SHIRT FROM THE GROUND, TOSSING IT TO ELIZABETH.

She brushes her mess of hair out with her fingers, sitting in her underwear for her skin had felt to be on fire.

It was late, three in the morning. And still, the two hadn't gone to bed.

Billie takes a seat on the floor, her elbows rest around her knees; staring at the floor in thought.

Her forehead traced in warmth covered from her hair, and the harsh events that had happened just prior.

She sat in her underwear and refused to continue to get dressed. The temperature of the room felt much worse now that the two had interacted in such a way.

However, they still sat in the dark. Elizabeth stares at her, she doesn't break the contact with the ground. She had grown more in love with Billie within the past couple of hours.

And for a while, Billie felt the same way.

She didn't know that the feelings would evaporate in the morning.

Finally, Elizabeth accepts Billie's worn-out shirt, pulling it on over her, leaving her legs bare. She remains to her bed, eyes heavy but adrenaline still racing through her blood.