ii. WARM

CHAPTER TWO

WARM

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐞."

IT WAS A WARM DINER, the air clashing against their skin from the walk through the parking lot.

Liz follows behind Billie, the rest following behind her. 

This was the very moment that Elizabeth Hill felt vulnerable for the first time in her life. Up until this very moment, she had done everything for herself. And now she had three strangers kneeling at her feet to buy her a meal that she felt she didn't deserve.

despite it, she followed them into a booth, placing herself at the end across from the only one she felt unjudged by, the one that got out of her warm vehicle to offer her something she didn't have to. She didn't know any better. 

"Elizabeth, is it?" A girl speaks up from the other side of the table, taking Liz back at the unexpected. "I'm Claudia. And this is Finneas, and well, you already know Billie."

Liz nods her head at them, unsure of how to properly say hello. She wasn't shy, but rather outgoing. Every moment except for this very one.

"Tell us about you," Billie speaks, pressing her lips together in a smile, making her feel rather welcomed.

"Like what?" Liz shrugs.

"Did you grow up here?" 

"Yeah. I've lived here my whole life,"