x. CHRISTMAS DAY

CHAPTER TEN

CHRISTMAS DAY

"𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

"𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐈𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲."

IT WAS THE BRINK OF DAWN WHEN ELIZABETH'S EYES FLUTTERED OUT OF A DREAM AND TO THE COLD BEDROOM.

Like a kid, she could hardly contain her excitement for Christmas day. For she could hardly wait to give Billie the present she wouldn't have any thoughts of expecting.

She sits up, looking over at Billie and seeing her buried under the covers, sound asleep on the edge of the bed as if she had no room. She slept like that often.

Liz nudges her back, tracing warm circles over her sweatshirt in an attempt to wake her up. She twitches awake, burring her head to her pillow even more until she realizes what was going on. She turns her head towards her on the bed, rubbing her eyes. Mumbling, "Good morning, love"

"Morning" She whispers, a smile planted on her lips.

She glances behind her at the time, sighing in response as she gets comfortable again. Her arm rests over her hips without thought. "My family won't be up for another few hours. Why don't you rest for a bit more"

She was clearly still tired, trying to convince her to not wake just yet.

"I can't" She admits.

"Get warm under the covers and just relax for a bit then" She mumbles to her, knowing that it wouldn't take long for her to crash once more. It was hard to sleep in the freezing conditions.

She hesitates, sighting as she peels the heavy blanket back, climbing under it. Billie, without much thought, pulls the girl to her warmth. Her cold skin feeling a weird comfort against hers. She wouldn't have any problem getting back to sleep.

Liz regretted to admit, Billie was right as she usually was. The warmth consumed her, her smell adding to the comfort. And she was fast asleep before the clock struck another minute.