iv. SOMETHING NEW

CHAPTER FOUR

SOMETHING NEW

"𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐚

"𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐚. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨?"

"SO WHAT DO YOU LIKE?"

Liz shrugs, growing tired of skimming the racks of flared jeans and ugly patterned shirts.

"You're not a fan of this, that's okay," Claudia smiles at the girl, both girls rather short. "What do you like?"

"I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff. It's always been this," She glances down at herself. A plain black long sleeve shirt and a pair of regular denim jeans. But when Liz thinks about Billie's style, her mind is blown. One of the first things she noticed about the girl when she bumped into her last year was her style. Her big baggy clothes that only a football quarterback would be wearing and the excessive amount of jewelry. But to be honest, it all worked so well on her.

Liz thinks they leave the conversation there, following Claudia down sidewalks to a shop that held a rather foreign topic for the girl. Music.

"What's your favorite band?"

"I snuck into a Mac Demarco concert once? I don't know much about music."

Claudia giggles at the new topic for the girl, thinking it was rather interesting to stumble across such a common subject.

"How about we get you some band t-shirts?" Claudia walks the girl past baskets of records, pulling her into the corner of the room with t-shirts folded up on racks.

Claudia grabs the first one to her right, a Beatles t-shirt. She had been up to something all day, and she didn't want it to slip out just yet.

Liz holds three t-shirts in her arms as Claudia browses and hands them to her. Liz's arms were getting tired as the stack continued to get higher and higher. "Claudia this is a lot of clothes,"

"Don't worry about it. Billie said you can buy whatever you want,"

"Claudia, I don't know that I want to change much about what I wear," She brings up, noticing the girl getting ahead of herself.