21

"Tell here we'll be there in fifteen minutes

"Tell here we'll be there in fifteen minutes." I said as we drove at snails pace through an agonizingly slow London morning traffic to pick up Ethan's mom.

"Okay." He responded plainly. He was over the traffic, understandably so, we've been stuck for the past our and have only travelled about 3 miles. One more mile to go.

"Are you excited?" I asked cheerfully, trying to get his spirits up.

"I guess..."

"You guess? Not acceptable. We're going to have the most fun, I'm going to make sure that "I guess" becomes a "yes." Okay?"

"Do you think we should just carry our backs and use the tube?" He asked ignoring my efforts.

"And by we you mean me... No, we'll be fine. We knew they'll be heavy morning traffic. Plus by the time we leave the streets will be practically empty." He knows this already, he's lived in London all his life. I honestly think he's just anxious about fly. We'll be ubering to Heathrow airport so I'm leaving my car at his mom's place during the trip.

When we entered the house Cecilia had all her bags at the door. Whitney Houston was playing throughout the homes speaker system and the whole house it smelt like vanilla. Walking into the lounge I soon understand why. Cecilia had a full glass of wine in her hand as she sang alone to "the greatest love", and seeing us didn't stop her frim giving the lip sync performance of her life.

We would be spending the rest if the morning at Cecilia's and then leaving for the airport in the afternoon. An hour before we were going to leave my phone went off. And honestly i was surprised to see who was calling considering it's been about a year since we've spoken.

"Hello?"

"Hi son."

"Hi Dad."

I walked upstairs to Ethan's room for privacy. Ethan was too busy being forced to slow dance with his mom to notice me slipping away.

"How are your studies?"

"Well." I lied, even though my grades are okay, I'm not. But he doesn't care about that.

"And the car?"

"No scratches or dents. It's basically brand new."

"You're health? Have you been exercising?"

"5 days a week."

"Good... Good."

"What are you doing while you're on break?" And that's the question I was trying to avoid.

"I'm going to Zanzibar." I said trying not to give too much away but also keep my composure.

"Oh... Well that's nice. When do you leave?"

"In about 4 hours."

"Huh... Glad to see you're living life son."

"Are you going alone?" And there it is.