13

I'm not going to lie, I'm vexed

I'm not going to lie, I'm vexed. I don't think Ethan understands how the mandem work. Yuno Jason and I aine blood, he's using Ethan's innocence to take advantage of him, I just know it. I don't blame Ethan, he's naïve and stubborn but surely he's smart enough to know what's good for him and what isn't. He can figure it out by himself, I'm just going to have to be a loving boyfriend and let him. I can't force him all I can do is look out for him.

I got modules to catch up with, I'll check up on Ethan later. He needs to eat something though, maybe that will curb the attitude he's got going on.

Flashback

"He's sleeping?" Cecilia asked as I walked into the kitchen for an early morning snack.

"Yeah, he had to finished writing a paper he has to submit tomorrow, after that he was out cold." I replied trying not to come of uncomfortable, but I was this was the first time I've ever been in a room with her alone.

"How's your father doing?" She asked catching me off guard.

"He's... He's doing well, I haven't talked to him in a while. After he retired I never really took initiative to stay updated with what he's doing."

"Okay, well I hope he's well. You know it was a shock to see and Ethan together. I don't know what he would even begin to say. If the situation between your family and I were different I would propose a dinner to discuss this but you know that's off of the table regardless of whether you're ready or not."

My heart sunk, she's nothing like what my mom described her as. She's always been the same nice lady that made the best cupcakes at the bake sales and the best birthday cakes when it was Ethan's birthday at school. Knowing what I know now it really changes my perspective of everything. My parents, my happiness, what I grew up being told and whether it was all lies. That's the main reason I don't want to go back home, it's all fake.

"I'm really sorry." I said sincerely. "For everything, my dad, my mom. I'm..."

"Baby you don't have to apologize, it's not your fault at all. You're here today and that's a blessing all in it's own. I could never be angry over your existence. I wasn't even angry to begin with honestly. Just hurt." She said as she dished me a play of the left overs.

It was quiet for a moment, while she warmed the plat in the microwave. She's absolutely nothing like I was told.

"You know, back when you boys were little, I won't lie I was taken off guard by your unlikely friendship. In the end though I thought it was sweet and a sign from God that all my experiences leading up to that time in my life were blessings in disguise. I had Ethan and he was the best thing that could have happened to me. He saved me truly. He was all I had, and all I have, so you being his only friend at that point was meant so much to me you'll never know. When you two grew apart I understood the hurt Ethan felt, it was like history repeating itself." She let out a soft chuckle as she handed me the plat. I sat down at the kitchen island and she continued.