'I can't let that happen.' Young Vanessa thought.

Seeing that she was not answering her, the nurse had no choice but to leave as she had a patient she had to take care of.

That night Vanessa ran away from there. Her body was weak, every step was harder than the other. Her body wanted to stop but she kept pushing herself.

No hospital. No orphanage. No foster parents. No pain. No dead bodies. She kept chanting to herself.

But before she could escape she was caught by the guards on duty. She couldn't do much and was yet again forced in into the system.

Another foster home. It was no better than the others. But much more bearable.

One day she had enough of people pushing her down and trampling on her. I'm breaking free and I'm doing it tonight. She thought.

The owner of the house woke up from a stench, removing his wife's hand from his side he marched downstairs. Not before grabbing the lighter and a cigar.

He stopped by a room and looked at with a lot of contempt. 'Fucking bitch can't do a thing right.' He thought before lightning the cigarette.

That's all it took for the house to burn down.

The firefighters appeared. But the fire was too stronge to extinguish.

Later when the fire was eventually down. There were no remaining left.

Vanessa died that day.

Or that's what they thought. She was the one who set the fire after all. She was the one who leaked the gas.

And she ran away.
She broke free from her demons.

She is free, finally.

She bumped into an older man when she was running away, Alexander.

He gave her shelter and food and adopted her.

He thought her how to fight though it was pretty useless as she was pretty good at it herself. She was good in shooting guns and throwing daggers too. Like a natural.

That's how it all began.

PRESENT DAY

VANESSA'S POV

Victoria and Scarlett got along pretty well.

They were having good time.

"Are you forgetting something." I asked sarcastically.

"Yes, thanks for reminding me. Here's my number call me anytime you want. I'm much fun to be around than this bitch." Victoria said winking at her in the end, making me speechless.

"Why you little bitch. Take that back." I asked in a dramatic way.

She simply stuck her tongue causing Scarlett to chuckle.

"Darling sticking your tongue out won't make you fun to be around it makes you childish." I said concerned, putting my hand on her shoulder. Victoria snorted and Scarlett chuckled.

"It was nice meeting you guys. But I've gotta go. Bye" Scarlett said getting up.

We bid our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

I locked the door as soon as I entered the car. Locking Victoria out. Hehehehe. Take that.

"Hey c'mon your my ride home." She complained.

"I'm sorry mlady no can do. I'm not that fun to be around for a reason." I said sassily. "You know what to say if you want me to let you in." I said in a sing-song way.

Causing her to throw up her hands in a dramatic way.

"Ohh my highness. I beg your pardon for telling the truth and hurting your heart in the process. Please pardon this lowly one for her incompetence." She said dramaticly.

I chuckled and started the car.

"Hey hey hey hold on. You can't leave me alone." She said making me raise my eyebrow. " I mean you can, but you won't. I'm your bestest friend after all."

"Hey I will buy you all the cookies and chocolates you like. All right." She hurriedly said after seeing I was about to ditch her.

Though I never intended to, she doesn't have to know that.

I unlocked the door and she immediately entered thinking I will leave if she delayed any further. 'Bitch' she mumbled intending for me to hear making me chuckle.

BACK WITH SCARLETT

A man came from nowhere and wrapped his arms around her and placed his chin on her shoulder.

"Only 9 victims in total." She said raising one of her eyebrows.

"That's the number she thinks is true. There were many I lost count of the actual number." He said burying his head in the crook of her neck.