Chapter 10

'Chin up and always walk confidently, child.'

She remembered her mother's words whilst her maids dressed her up. Her dress was more elegant than the one she had worn at Todoroki's ball. It was way heavier from all the layers. It was a dark emerald green color, satin its material. Instead of a cloak, the Princess had a royal robe wrapped around her shoulders that reached the floor. The back of it had her royal cypher and the sides were decorated with red rubies. No gloves this time. Her arms and hands were completely exposed. Only her shoulders were covered by the heavy material.

Done with her makeup and hair, (y/n) stood up and carefully placed her crown on top of her head.

"Everyone is waiting for you inside the ball room. You look stunning, your highness." bowed a servant.

"Thank you." she kindly replied.

As soon as the doors to the ball room opened, everyone went silent and turned their attention to none other than,

"Ladies and gentlemen, her highness, Princess (y/n) (l/n)."

After the loud cheering and clapping, (y/n) raised her hand and everyone went silent once again.

"I'm happy that you could make it. Let's all enjoy ourselves tonight!"

As soon as she said those words, the musicians started playing beautiful songs and everyone in the ball room was either dancing, drinking, or chatting.

"Your highness." said Bakugou, bowing at the Princess. "You look extra intimidating today."

"That's what I was going for." she replied with the same tone of irony in her voice. "You look.. good."

"Ah, always so kind. I appreciate it."

Bakugou was wearing black pants and a black button up shirt tucked in them, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His boots were the same black color as usual, and of course, his sword was resting on the side of his waist. The Princess made him lean forward and on the left side of his chest she clipped a pin of the royal cypher, only this time it was red colored so that it matched her decorative rubies.

"How many hours will we be here?"

"Until midnight."

He sighed and realized that he was still going to be standing for five hours straight, listening to rich people talk about stupid things and looking at others dancing around to classical music.

"It's called having fun. Quit staring like an idiot."

"This is what you call fun?" he scoffed.

"Well, yes." she answered confused. "What do you do for fun?"

"Attend boring balls I guess."

"Apart from that." she rolled her eyes.

"Explore, drink, go to bonfires. Which reminds me, I heard from a guard that there is going to be one tonight in town." he sighed, secretly wishing he could go there.

"Yet, you're stuck here with me unfortunately." she ironically said, taking a sip from her wine glass.

"Could be worse." he replied.

(y/n)'s eyes landed on Uraraka who was having a blast dancing around with Midoriya.

"Well, at least some of us are having fun."

"Hello, (y/n)." said Todoroki, tapping the Princess's shoulder.

"Oh, what a pleasant surprise." she smiled. "Hope you're enjoying your time here so far."