✧ 𝟙 - ℚ𝕦𝕚𝕣𝕜𝕤 ✧

Y/n was 5 when this took place

3rd person POV

"Have a good nap sweetie" Y/n's grandpa told her while tucking her in.

"I will!" Y/n said with a smile. Grandpa then walked out of her room and closed the door while being careful not to make too much noise. 'I'm not very tired' She thought to herself. That's when Y/n got the idea to go to the lake. The lake was Y/n's favorite place which made sense since her mother had a water-related quirk.

Y/n hopped out of bed, put on her shoes then walked to the front door and got out of her house. Surprisingly her grandparents didn't notice. She started walking to the park near the lake and noticed her friends Izuku and Katsuki.

"Kat! Izuku! I'm going to the lake wanna come?" She asked both of them while she smiled.

"Why?" Katsuki asked.

"I want to show you guys something."

"Ooh, what is it?" Izuku questioned excitedly.

"Follow me if you want to find out." She answered.

"Ok fine." Katsuki said. Y/n led the way to the lake and looked at the water.

"So what did you want to show us Y/n?" Izu asked.

"I can swim!" She said proudly. Y/n knew that she couldn't do it without floaty's but she wanted to show off.

"Well show us then," Kat said.

"Okay!" She responded.

"Be careful Y/n!" Izu was worried as she ran over to the water. She went in and started swimming effortlessly. Y/n was shocked at how easy it was without her floaties.

"I'm doing it! See!" She said while floating on her back.

"Wow! That's amazing Y/n!" Izuku said while beaming, he was happy that his friend could swim.

"That's not THAT cool see if you can swim underwater," Katsuki spoke.

"I don't know if I can do that..." She responded.

"I knew you couldn't, you're LAME." Katsuki teased.

"Be careful N/n." Izuku warned.

"Fine! I'll prove you wrong Kat. And I will be careful Izuku." Deep down Y/n was scared. When she dived down she was doing just fine, and even felt like a mermaid swimming in the ocean that was until her foot got caught in something stopping her from being able to go to the surface. She started to panic. Izuku and Kat noticed that it had been around 45 seconds since she went under and they started getting worried.

"Hey, Y/n you can come up now!" Katsuki shouted, but he got no response. She couldn't hold her breath any longer she was starting to feel constricted. Then she choked and inhaled the water... and everything she saw went black.

"Kacchan we need to get help!" Izuku's emerald eyes started to fill with worry.

"Go get an adult dummy!" Katsuki yelled hesitant to worry about his h/c haired friend. Izuku ran into the park to find the nearest adult while Kat stayed in case somebody passed by and was able to help Y/n. Izuku found a young woman with e/c eyes just like Y/n's.