𝑺𝒊𝒙

[ Adeline Rudolph as Drew Tanaka ]

I 06. I

𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒆

❝ fire ❞

     WILL SAT ARIADNE DOWN AND WAS WRAPPING HER WAIST WITH BANDAGE. The Apollo boy had rushed over, first-aid in hand, and made the brunette sit down while Annabeth held up her friends shirt slightly, allowing the younger boy to check her back and stomach before fixing the wound.

There was a large blade mark in the small of her back. Gushing now red blood, it stained the gauze that was resting on her toned stomach. Campers alike watched while she tried to wave her friends off before feeling a bit faint and being forced to sit still.

Chiron had trotted over with ambrosia and nectar. He forced her to take them, but she looked at Rachel and nodded, making the Oracle continue on with her speech.

"We don't know what the Great Prophecy means," Rachel continued. "We don't know what challenge the demigods will face, but since the first Great Prophecy predicted the Titan War, we can guess the second Great Prophecy will predict something at least that bad."

"Or worse," Chiron murmured.

Maybe he didn't mean everyone to overhear, but they did. The campfire immediately turned dark purple, the same color as Ariadne's eyes ever since Percy had disappeared.

"What we do know," Rachel said, "is that the first phase has begun. A major problem has arisen, and we need a quest to solve it. Hera, the queen of the gods, has been taken."

Shocked silence. Then fifty demigods started talking all at once.

Chiron pounded his hoof again, but it no one listened. Ariadne rolled her eyes. She stood up against Will's approval. "Hey! Shut up!" she ordered.

Everyone did as they were told.

Ariadne was tugged back into her seat by Annabeth, and will made her hiss as he tightened the gauze a bit too tight.

Rachel told them about the incident on the Grand Canyon skywalk—how Gleeson Hedge had sacrificed himself when the storm spirits attacked, and the spirits had warned it was only the beginning. They apparently served some great mistress who would destroy all demigods.

The Rachel told them about Piper passing out in Hera's cabin. Drew pantomimed a faint in the back row, her friends giggling. Finally Rachel told them about Jason's vision in the living room of the Big House. The message Hera had delivered.

"Jason," Rachel said. "Um... do you remember your last name)"

He looked self-conscious, but he shook his head.