𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

I 02

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I 02. I

𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒆

❝ firelight ❞

IT WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING WITH DREW. Ever since the daughter of Aphrodite had joined camp, she had made nothing but a show of everything. One would practically believe that she was really a daughter of Dionysus based on how dramatic she was. Ariadne was sure that she would purposefully throw herself in Tartarus if Drew had been her sister. A terrible thing to say, but the Asian girl was nothing short of jealous of her.

Drew would often complain about how Ariadne was the star of camp. Many simply just said it was because the brunette was incredibly powerful, and how she couldn't be charmspeaked--and that irked Drew to no end. But it wasn't Ariadne's fault that she was powerful. It wasn't her fault that she had been dealt the wild card that cursed her with the ability to rip the country apart, and ruin the minds of every living soul on the planet. If Drew wanted that then she could have it.

Out of all the cards in the card deck, she wasn't sure what hers truly meant, and if it was a wild card hiding a joker underneath.

That was a bit ominous she realized.

Ariadne had sat in that spot for a good five minutes before realizing she had left Jason alone with Drew. She wasn't necessarily fond of the blond boy, but no one deserved to be left with that manipulative child of Aphrodite.

She hurried toward the Big House. It was just like she had remembered and seen all those years; nothing had changed in the slightest. Just a four story manor painted baby blue with white trim. The wraparound porch had lounge chairs, a card table where her father usually was, and an empty wheelchair that belonged to Chiron. Wind chimes shaped like nymphs turned into trees as they spun. On the highest table, a bronze eagle weathervane spun around.

The brunette noticed Drew and Jason up ahead, the girl seeming to get cozy with the awkward boy. Her eyes almost rolled out of her head.

"You're waiting for a sign," Jason guessed, noticing the Asian girl staring at a spot right above his head. "Like what popped over Leo's head."

"What? No! Well... yes. I mean, from what I heard, you're pretty powerful, right? You're going to be important at camp, so I figure your parents will claim you right away. And I'd love to see that. I wanna be with you every step of the way! So is your dad or mom the god? Please tell me it's not your mom. I would hate it if you were an Aphrodite kid."

"Why?"

"Then you'd be my half brother, silly. You can't date somebody from your own cabin. Yuck!"

"But aren't all gods related?" Jason asked. "So isn't everyone here your cousin or something?"

"Aren't you cute! Sweetie, the godly side of your family doesn't count except for your parent. So anybody from another cabin—they're fair game. So who's your godly parent—mom or dad?"