꧁Part Fourteen꧂

His eyes fluttered open and your heart stopped. Slowly you started to back away from the living room and walk over to the stairs.

Before you even got half way there you heard your father get up from the couch. Your blood ran cold and the only thing you felt was fear. Before you could move your father had already seen you.

“You were supposed to be home by noon.” He stated. “Um w-well, it’s only 12:08.” You stuttered, taking out your phone to check the time. Your father walked over to you and it felt like time was going in slow motion as fear started to build up in you. The closer he got the more your head started to hurt.

Finally he reached you and before you knew it, you felt a hard slap on your face. You clenched your cheek and slowly started to back away from your father.

His eyebrows were furrowed together and he reeked of alcohol. “You’re grounded. No leaving the house for anything other than school. Hand over your phone too” He barked and you just nodded.

Your knees felt weak and all you wanted to do was cry but you held them back,handed over your phone, and ran up the stairs. The second you reached your room and the door shut all the tears that you tried so hard to hold in started to fall down your face. Knowing him you would never see that phone again.

The last time he took your phone you didn’t see it for a month then found it completely cracked under the couch. You had to get a job and work for a while to get enough money for another phone.

Most high schools don’t allow students to have jobs and that includes UA. The last time you had a job was at a cafe and Sero and Denki walked in. Thankfully you hid before they saw you.

And now you're not allowed to leave the house unless it’s for school so it looks like you don’t get to have a phone.

You sulked over to your bed and laid down with your face to the bed. Tears were still flowing down your cheeks but the feeling was so normal for you so you didn’t bother to wipe them away.

Time skip, 5 hours

You were rudely woken up from your nap to knocking noises coming from outside. Confused, you got off your bed and looked out the window.

Kendo was about to knock on your front door again and you scrambled to get your window open which was directly above the front door. Once you got the window open the cold air hit your face but there were more important things happening right now so it didn’t matter. 

“Kendo!” You whispered shouted. She looked up to your window and a relieved smile appeared on her face. “I asked you to text me when you got home and you didn’t so I was worried and asked Mina where you lived.” Kendo explained. “Well as you can see I’m fine but you really should leave.” You said, emphasizing the word ‘really’.

“WhO aRe yoU tAlKiNg to Up thErE?!” Your father’s drunk voice called from down stairs. ‘Shit! I forgot how thin the walls were!’ You thought. “Um, was that your-” Kendo started but you cut her off. “It doesn’t matter just please leave before-” You started but stopped so you wouldn’t say too much.

“Before what?” Kendo asked, now sounding worried. “ThAt’S iT, I'M cOmIng up ThErE!” Your father called and you could hear his footsteps.

“Kendo please leave.” You pleaded, hoping she would listen before your father reached your bedroom. “Fine but were going to talk about this tomorrow.” Kendo gave in but it was already too late.

Your father had reached your bedroom and the door swung open without a knock. Anxiety and fear built up in you as you quickly scrambled to shut the window.

“wHaT wAs thAt?!” he questioned but before you even got the chance to answer he looked through the window and saw Kendo walking away from your house.

Slowly your father turned towards you and before you knew it the air was knocked out of you and you were against the wall clutching your stomach that was just punched. When your father got mad he couldn’t control his quirk which allowed him to strengthen his attacks. 

Your head hit the wall when you hit it so you felt a little dizzy. There were more blows going to your stomach and you coughed up blood but it didn’t stop. Right before you felt like you were going to pass out your father suddenly stopped and you blacked out not too long after.

789 words