𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖. First Prank

When she got to the kitchens she decided to stay there for the rest of the day. Besides its not like she was missing anything, she learned everything in 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

That went on for the whole week.

She would wake up, go to the library for a book then go to the kitchens and stay there.

She did that for two reasons, one; because she thought classes were boring and, two; was to avoid James.

Before Hogwarts, she was just a girl with no friends and no purpose. Not after Edith.

Or so she thought. When she met Harry and Ronnie they promised that they wouldn't go anywhere and that they'd be with her every step of the way. She didn't believe them at first but after four crazy, amazing years together— along with her other friends and her new adopted family— she believed them.

So now being alone seemed crazy to her.

Avoiding James was easier than she thought. With swerving and eating late at night, she couldn't be happier, but then she thought about her classes. She had to eventually attend them, right? Yes, she did, so the following week she 'risked' it and went to classes like normal.

Tuesday rolled around rather quickly and getting ready was fast, not counting her hair. She walked to Herbology normally, making her way to the back of the class. But when she saw Gryffindors arriving, she realized that James could be there.

He was. The brunette spotted her quickly and tried to sit next to her but another Gryffindor got there first. He sighed and decided to sit where he usually sits— next to Peter— and pay attention.

After class, she ran to DADA, making James kick his foot in frustration, he was hoping to talk to her. 

Thankfully she had class with Hufflepuffs, meaning she could easily avoid James. She looked around and saw most of the seats full, so she decided to sit next to a sandy haired brunette boy. The boy was talking to one of his friends and one of the pointed to Iris.

The boy turned around and smiled but when he did Iris saw someone she never thought she'd see again. Cedric Diggory. Her eyes grew wide. She quickly got her stuff and made her way out of the class room.

When she got to the next corner she stopped and started thinking.

Cedric? Really?... Amos? But... Her thoughts were interrupted by a figure standing in front of her.

''Are you okay?" James asked her.

The girl wiped her eyes and nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine, it's nothing."

"It's not 'nothing' you were obviously crying. I can see your puffy eyes, what's wrong?" He asked again.

"I wasn't crying. I'm a Slytherin we don't have emotions, we can't be trusted, we can't have friends outside our house. Why? Because we're mean and ruthless and cunning." She tried walking away but James caught her hand.

"You know half your hair is blue and the other is red. I'm assuming you're mad at me and you're sad at the same time." He confidently said.

The brunette frowned and looked down, she didn't answer. He sighed and let go of her hand.

"I didn't mean it, okay. I was just mad and I shouldn't have taken it on you. It's just Lily-" He started to apologize but Iris cut him off.

"You didn't even apologize." She started." I was trying to be friends with you because that's what Harry would have wanted and because future you, was nice, I just assumed you were nice too..." She looked at him straight in the eyes. " You know what? Potter for someone who doesn't like Slytherin's you sure know how to marry them." She turned around and left, not sparing another glance or breath on him.