"Fuck, now look what you've made me do." He threw his arms up before resting them on his hips.

"You're one sick son of a bitch." I mumbled unhappily, I heard him scoff.

"You're really asking for it now aren't you?"

"I need to stick up for myself!" I screamed through the apartment with so much rage I felt my head would explode. "I've let you destroy me, I've let you walk all over me and I'm done! I'm done being treated like your fucking punching bag! You're a liar and you're just like him!"

"Like who, Alice?"

"My father."

Ricky was quite similar to my father and it was surely brought out now. I was promised that'd I'd never have the same pain my parents gave me. Ricky made that promise and not it seems he's broken it in a matter of minutes.

"You aren't going to leave me," he stated.

"And what makes you think that?"

"You love me. You don't leave the people you love therefore you aren't going anywhere. You're stuck here with me." He had a certain look in his eyes that told me he was an open book. However, this was a horror book filled with a never ending stream of evil.

"I do love you, even thought you're twisted and pathetic. I don't want to love you, I hate myself for loving you. But you know what I love more than you?"

"What could you possibly love more than me?" The narcissist asked.

"Freedom," I answered. "You can't keep me pinned underneath you anymore."

"You keep telling yourself that." He said with a cruel laugh.

I believed that I'd be able to get through to him, I believed that we'd be civil and content. The bastard hit me as soon as he got the chance.

"What did I ever do to you?" My voice broke once I took a step forward. I was sure he'd change, well I guess now I can only hope
that he'd change. "What did I do to make you hate me so much, I thought- I thought that you-"

"You're more pathetic than you look."

I didn't know why I continued to try and see him differently. I looked for a good man in him and I was lead to be unsuccessful every time. He was a monster, a psycho, but I did love him.

"I have to give up on you," I declared.

He didn't speak, he stood there totally zen. I could walk away and I'm sure he wouldn't even think twice about it. I hated to admit that I wanted him to chase after me, I wanted him to love me.

I was torn, ruined, he broke me. My sadness had turned into anger. I hated that I let him treat me like this. "Won't you say something to me!" I cried out and pushed his chest.

"You're a waste Alice!" He shouted and took hold of me instantly. I was thrown to the floor, my head hit the hardwood in a loud thud.

Tears began to fill my eyes and soon ran down my cheeks. It wasn't from the psychical pain, it was all from the words he spoke not the intense pain brought from his hand.

I whimpered and backed away from him while still on the floor. He bent down to my level and reached his hand out to me and I flinched away.

"Hey, hey, hey." He spoke softly and swiped the tears away from under my eyes.

His mood was flipped like a switch.