So... you know.

6 weeks later

"This is nice, we should do this more often.", bishop says, "I agree." nick says as he feeds her a french fry. they are huddled in a corner booth at Mcdonald's, late on a Monday night, her head resting on his shoulder. they rarely go on fancy dates, to Ellie the only things that matter are that nick is there with her and that they have good food, and to nick as long as he has Ellie he doesn't care where they go. Ellie looks down at her phone and sees the time, 11:30, "shoot! we have to work tomorrow." nick checks his watch and puts 20 bucks on the table, and helps Ellie out of her booth. 

the next day

"We got a dead marine at the McDonald's on 750 and 17th street," Gibbs said in his normal fashion, Ellie and nick exchange a look, they were there last night. Ellie and Nick drove over there separately from the rest of the team and spent the entire drive debating over what to do, eventually, they decided that it would be best not to tell them unless absolutely necessary. 

"time of death...11:45 last night," Palmer said, bishop and Torres exchange a worried look, this case will most definitely reveal them. 

"boss, here's the security footage from the Mcdonalds last night, there's nothing out of the ordinary, in fact, I do not even think he was even in the Mcdonalds." Ellie and Nick felt a weight off their shoulders, they want to reveal their relationship on their own terms, not some dead marines. "hold on a second McGee, go back to 11:20, and zoom in on the top left corner." and a  photo of Ellie with her arms wrapped around nick pops up on the screen, and suddenly all eyes are on them. Ellie opens her mouth to say something but it takes her a minute to gather her words, "there is a perfectly good explanation for that." McGee picks up the tv remote and goes forward a few frames to nick feeding Ellie a french fry, "and that too." nick says while gesturing towards the tv. just then Casey walks in and sees the tv, she mutters something and starts walking away, "hold it!" McGee says, stopping Casey in her tracks, "why aren't you as shocked as we are?" McGee asks her. Casey bites her lip nervously and blurts out "I caught them together in the storage closet by my lab a month ago! sorry bishop." then speed walks away. Gibbs walks up to Torres and says, "if you hurt her they will never find your body." then he gestures at both of them and says "if either of you let this interfere with work then bishop is getting transferred to agent afloat on the Reagan and Torres is getting transferred to the Truman. did you get that? also, I'm happy for you." that could have gone worse. McGee is still in shock, just staring at them for a good 5 minutes before he yelled "I need therapy!" and walked away. that was not the reaction they expected.