- 𝟸𝟷 -

— ☁︎︎ —

It was Saturday and Sunghoon was rushing to get his gift for Jake ready. It was still only early afternoon but he was still paranoid that he'd need to rush out and get something else for his gift. Really, besides his gag gift, he was giving Jake something really small.

"Do you think he'll like it?" Sunghoon asked and turned to his little sister who sat on his bed. She was laid against the bed frame, watching as he paced back and forth. The anxiousness Sunghoon faced only made her laugh. "Sunghoon, it'll be fine. He'll love it. I guarantee" She answered and held up the little bag that he was going to put his gift in.

It was very little as he held it in his hand, showing it to Yeji. She cooed and nodded towards her brother in agreement. "He'll love it, but I just have one question" Yeji began and reached into the bag, holding up a piece of clothing. "What are you guys gonna do with this later?" She continued while raising her eyebrows, teasing him with a little smile. "sHut uP—"

— ☁︎︎ —

November 14, the day before Jake's birthday but also seemed to be the first day the two spent apart. Every day since they got together and even before that, they always were together even if it was for a little amount of time. Today, Jake's family wanted to spend some time with him so that he could spend a little more time with his friends the day later.

Jake was sitting down on the floor of the living room with his brother next to him and his parents on the couch. His parents barely ever did take time off of work so today felt extra special. He finally got to be with his family members in one room, happily spending the time together.

"So, I got to meet Sunghoon a few days ago" Mrs. Sim stated. Her husband and older son immediately took a glance at her, Jaehyuk was quick to ask questions. (Ahem again, we know nothing about Jake's brother so we are making things up)

"He's tall isn't he!" Jaehyuk said and pointed towards his mother. She nodded and flashed a bright smile whilst looking over at Jake. "Very kind boy indeed. Will he be coming over tomorrow?" Mrs. Sim asked, placing a hand at Jake's shoulder. The male who was once fixated on the movie in front of him blushed a bit at the statements about Sunghoon. He was still afraid that his father didn't accept it, as he hadn't said his opinion on his relationship with Sunghoon.

"Y-yeah he is" He answered sheepishly. "Hm looks like I'll be meeting him soon," Mr. Sim said softly and gave his son a gentle pat on his back. "Son, don't be so awkward. Why are you so tense right now?" He asked and gave another pat on his back, rubbing it softly after. "W-well I was just nervous that you wouldn't be happy with me being... gay? And having a boyfriend" Jake was getting brave wasn't he? Finally voiced his thought which always seemed to go unnoticed around this household.

"Why would you think that? I hope you know your mother and I will always accept you no matter who you love, hm?" Jake didn't know if he should be happy but all he knew was that he was emotional. "Th-thank you..."

— ☁︎︎ —

"Hey, Hoonie! Hey Hoonie!" The smaller male called and got up close to his phone. Sunghoon and Jake were FaceTiming after dinner and it seemed to bring a side of confidence that Jake would be too scared to reveal if they were in person.

"Hm, yes baby?" Sunghoon asked and brought his attention back to his phone. The raven-haired male had a towel in his hands, raking it through his locks to dry it up. He looked very... handsome.

"I wanna show you something I bought today" Jake exclaimed and jumped up from his bed. Through the screen, Sunghoon could feel the older's excitement just at how brightly he smiled into the camera. He stood up quickly and gave a little twirl before explaining.

"Watch this, watch this!" He said excitedly and pulled up the hoodie. What seemed to be a plain dark green hoodie changed just when he put up the hoodie, it was a frog. The little eyes at the top of Jake's head plus how huge it looked on him made Sunghoon melt, feeling weak when he heard Jake giggling to himself. "Isn't it cute?!"

"You look so adorable Jakey~" The look in Sunghoon's eyes was full of affection while he was up close to his phone, watching every little move the older made. "I know right! I-I couldn't find a smaller size and ended up with one much too big but I wanted it and bought the smallest size they had" He explained and rolled down the sleeves a bit to show his sweater paws.

"Do you want me to faint— You're just ahhh, you're too cute~" Sunghoon picked up his phone and ran towards his bed, bombing straight onto it. He chuckled into his pillow as he thought back at Jake and how adorable he looked twirling around in his hoodie. (so in other words, he's whipped :D)

"Anyways, anyways. Can you come over earlier tomorrow?" Jake asked and pulled the hoodie back down. The older had his phone at the lower side of his bed as he cuddled up in his duvets. He brought it over his head with only his face showing and a little bit of his brown hair poking out. "Why is that?" The younger made a little noise and Gaeul came running up and onto his lap.

"Hehe, cute! U-Uh, well I wanted to just have some alone time before the others came" He admitted with a little smile. That smile that made Sunghoon fall even deeper in love~~~~ "If that's the case, I'll be coming maybe an hour before"

— ☁︎︎ —

"My love? Baby? Jake? Jakey??? You awake?" Sunghoon whispered. It was much later and almost midnight, oh how quickly time passed by when they were talking. The older seemed to be falling asleep while he cuddled up to Layla, soft snored could be heard from time to time. Jake whined and slowly got up and peered at his clock before looking at Sunghoon.

"It's only a couple of minutes until it's your birthday. How about I wish you a happy birthday and I'll let you get some rest hm?" Sunghoon suggested, a little grin decorating his face. "O-okay" He whispered before getting disrupted by a yawn.

He moved to lay back on the wall and stared into his phone screen, watching as the time slowly ticked by. Until 00:00 showed up on the little clock at the corner of his phone.

"Happy birthday Sim Jaeyun! Have the happiest birthday my love. Now, go get some rest"

. . .

2 / 9 / 21
19 : 53

sToP, Sunghoon calling Jake baby just- Not is freaking out at our own story 💀 Welp, we hope you have an amazing day <33
- JAE & MINA -