- 𝟿 -

— ☁︎︎ —

The silence among the seven was odd. Why? Because there rarely was a moment of silence between them, they always had something to talk about. Jake felt a sudden rush of anxiety rush through his body. He knew very well that his friends wouldn't dare to judge him as there wasn't anything wrong with what he was wearing. But he still didn't want to move from his spot, scared that he looked 'ugly'. "I-I know I look weird, don't I?" Jake said softly, looking down at his outfit.

Everything paused when Jake walked through that door. Sunghoon didn't want to admit it but he definitely stared for too long. But who could blame him? The way the skirt fit Jake's figure perfectly was completed different from his normal style. Jake usually word oversized hoodie which hid his body but this skit hugged his body, showing how small he was. The sweater he wore only made him look smaller, the long sleeves could be seen from Sunghoon's spot.

"What?! You look great Jake hyung!" Ni-ki encouraged, standing up to go in front of Jake. The youngest grabbed onto the older's arms and shook him softly, a bright smile on his face. "Yeah you look really good Jake, don't worry!" Heeseung said softly, pointing at his costume.

"Th-thank you. You guys look cute t-too" He stuttered with a little grin on his face. He still felt nervous but as he got compliments, Jake began to calm down. Still, his shaking hands existed. Through all of those compliments his friends gave him, he was too afraid to know what Sunghoon thought.

"Hey Sunghoonie hyung, you should take a picture! If you take a picture, that image of Jake hyung will last longer" Jungwon teased and pushed his shoulder slightly, laughing with the others. "I-I uh, no! I'm not looking at him" Sunghoon stuttered nervously while looking away. Who was he kidding, he stared the whole time Jake was there.

The older looked up slowly, noticed the slight red tint of Sunghoon's cheeks. It was now Jake's turn to examine the raven-haired male and how cute he was in his costume. He had overalls on with a yellow hoodie, a few little stuffed animals attached to his body. He wasn't doing anything special yet it made Jake blush profusely.

"Jake hyung should take a photo too! He's staring pretty hard at hyung as well" Sunoo pitched in, giggling as he and Jungwon played around beside them. As always, the five teased the other two making them flustered. How did it always end like this? A red tint on Sunghoon and Jake's cheeks because of their friends who teased them endlessly.

"Alright alright calm down, come sit down guys. Are you just going to stand there forever?" Jay asked with a playful smile, making space for the three who still was standing up. The gray couches slowly filled up with the seven best friends. The TV was muffled as they talked and talked.

Jake was still a little dazed. His legs bouncing up and down and his fingers fiddled around with his sweater paws, biting his lower lip pretty hard. Every few minutes he'd look over at the male sitting beside him, who also seemed a little out of it. Sunghoon, too, was lost in his thoughts.

The younger male had one of the stuffed animals in hand, tracing around the features such as the eyes, mouth, and overall shape of it. Every once in a while Sunghoon stopped and peered at Jake, the cycle continued until their friend's conversation slowed down.

"We should watch a scary movie!" Ni-ki said, an evil expression on his face. Some protested as the others agreed, chiming in what they should watch. "Yeah, we should, which one though?" Heeseung said as he took the remote and scrolled through the many movies. Jay glared at the two beside him, crossing his arms.

"Oh no, no we ain't doing this today" Jay protested, going to reach for the remote. "Don't be a scaredy-cat Jay hyunggg~ C'mon, isn't Halloween supposed to be scary? Let's just watch one please?" Ni-ki tried to reason with him, Heeseung trying to as well. "If anything, you can hide behind Jungwon if you like" Heeseung added with a little shrug, earning a little smack on his shoulder.

Jungwon, Jay, and Sunoo finally agreed. The last two being Jake and Sunghoon, who still stared off in the distance. "Jake hyung, Sunghoon hyung? Are you guys alright?" Sunoo paused as he looked over at the duo. They nodded but still stared off, clearly not fazed by what was happening around them.

"Do you guys want to watch a scary movie?" Jay asked, grabbed the pillow beside him. Many pillows decorated the couch so he took one and threw it towards their direction, hitting both of them at once. Instead of reacting and snapping back to reality, the two still were in their own world.

"What do you think would happen if we just left the room— do you think they'd notice?" Jungwon popped in, standing with his hands at his side. The others laughed silently, watching as the two continued to sit in silence. They stared at each other, communicating through their eyes. Slowly but surely, they snuck out of the living room and up and into Jay's room. "I swear if we go down there and they're kissing I'm blaming yo—" Jay started "Don't even start"

— ☁︎︎ —

Jake's phone buzzed, taking him back to the current moment. The silence was weird as he looked over to his side, noticing that Sunghoon was sitting silently. He bit his lower lip softly and his hand brushed through his hair a few times.

"Sunghoon, Sunghoon?" Jake called out, going to shake Sunghoon softly. Their friends tried to snap them out of their little moment but they only reacted to each other. Sunghoon moved his eyes around, taking in his surroundings. "What's happening?" Sunghoon asked, looking around.

None of their friends were around, confusing the two of them. The TV was still on, displaying all of the movies they were going through earlier. The clock showed that it was around half an hour since they arrive and it served the only noise. The ticking of the clock was the only thing that seemed to make noise throughout the house.

"I'm not sure... I was lost in thought f-for a while" Jake answered, looking down shyly. "U-Uh I didn't say anything earlier but y-you look really cute in your costume" Sunghoon whispered, trying not to look away. The smaller male blushes a bright red, shaking his head. "I-It honestly isn't what this looks like" Jake exclaimed, pointing towards the skirt. "L-look if you like to wear those types of things, i-it's fine! They look really good on y-you" Sunghoon was rambling on about all of his thoughts about Jake and his costume.

"You look really c-cute too"

. . .

1 / 24 / 21
22 : 47

AH, UH THIS FELT A BIT WEIRD TO WRITE BUT YES! Shy Sunghoon and Jake 🥺
- MINA -