- 𝟼 -

— ☁︎︎ —

"YAH, SIM JAEYOON!" Jay yelled, pointing at his glasses which broke apart. Jake panicked and bowed deeply, mumbling sorry many times.

"I'm so so so sorry! I-I didn't see your glasses!" Jake said, his voice becoming higher as he spoke. The others were watching with their eyes wide well, besides Ni-ki who was in the corner trying not to laugh. "Do you want me to walk around like a bat?!" Jay's eyebrows were raised and he grabbed whatever was left of his glasses.

"I-I mean, it's not that bad right?" Jake stuttered while avoiding eye contact with Jay at all times. Jungwon grabbed Jay's arm when he thought it was enough and made him sit down again. "Calm down Jay hyung, breath. You might pass out—" Jungwon whispered, only making Ni-ki want to laugh even more.

The older sighed and placed his hands on his thighs, staring Jake in the eyes. "It's fine, it's fine. I have contacts anyway... But still! That's my only pair so you'll pay" Jay crossed his eyes and acted all sassy.

Ni-ki couldn't hold it in anymore and laughed loudly Sunoo following and giggling as well. The male who just broke his glasses was stuck in his spot, his emotions were all over the place. He wanted to laugh at himself and how Jay acted, but he also wanted to cry because he truly felt bad about it and he wanted to shout because he didn't mean to break it but Jay made it seem like he was trying to.

"Let's just move on! Jay and Jake can just deal with it later, let's do something fun" Heeseung announced with a nervous smile on his face. Slowly the tension in the room changed and Sunghoon was back from the bathroom.

"My mom called me... she said I have to go home" Sunghoon grumbled with a frown, trudging towards his friends. The others could only sigh. "Why?" Sunoo asked, the younger male crossed his legs to a more comfortable position. "My last practice is today. It's my last one so she said I really should attend and say goodbye to everyone..." Sunghoon explained, grabbing his backpack.

The male didn't seem angry but he did seem irritated. They all knew that the reason he even came back home and is attending school was to get away from skating. So it must be frustrating to have to get reminded of it again. The black-haired male waved and said his goodbyes to everyone before exiting Jay's house.

"Did you guys finish homework?" Jungwon blurted out suddenly, the others looking towards him. "Eh, I'll just finish it when I go home" Ni-ki shrugged his shoulders. "I finished my homework in the LIBRARY," Jake said, emphasizing library to remind them what they did to Sunghoon and him.

The vibe whenever they were together always was hyper and never was dull, so this moment felt so weird to them. They wanted to have fun and not just lay on the couch, but none of them dared to say anything. It was so quiet you could hear everyone breathing, it made Jake uneasy.

"W-we should maybe get out," Jake said softly, running his hand through his hair. "Maybe we should go down shopping, I need to look for a part of my costume anyway" Jay suggested.

It excited most of them so they immediately made their way out the door and on their walk to the nearest shopping district. With one glance down the street, it was almost unrecognizable that it was Halloween. No one had decorations up and it didn't feel like how it was when Jake was growing up.

"How is Halloween in Australia?" Heeseung suddenly asked, looking over at the male who was in the back of the group. "It was really fun. Usually, you go out with friends or family and get candy, like in the movies you guys watched. It's very similar but it's even more fun in person" Jake explains, a small smile forming on his face. "I can't handle scary things but Halloween was always fun since I got so much candy" Jake added making them laugh.

"What about you Jay?" Jungwon said and held onto his hand tighter. The blond male thought for a little before nodding to himself. "It was very similar to Jake's. But I would always go out with my friends and as I got older my parents made me stay home and give away the candy" Jay answered, Jake, laughing as he understood how that felt.

"It's so adorable! Seeing all of the little kids come up in their little costumes is so adorable!" Jake butted in. The others seemed intrigued by what the two were saying. The traditions were different as their friend group had people coming from many different places but that's what made it so exciting. As they all became closer they got to learn some Japanese culture from Ni-ki, got to learn a bit about traditions from America, and some of the weird things that were normalized in Australia but not in Korea.

"Let's go in there," Sunoo said excitedly and pointed towards a shop around the corner. Through the windows, clothing of all colors and even a section for costumes could be seen. The store was painted a light gray and very few people were inside shopping.

The six walked into the shop, taking in the warmth which comes from the heater. The lady at the counter and the made beside her both bowed, greeting them before going back to their job. Ni-ki immediately found something to look at and dragged Heeseung with him, the two going through all of the jackets and hoodies.

Jake, Jay, Sunoo, and Jungwon were still at the front of the store, walking around slowly. They came closer to the section for women and Jay suddenly gasped.

"HEY, I HAVE AN IDEA! Hehehe" Jay chuckled evilly, poking at Jake's arm. The other three just stood there confused as Jay entered the women's section, going to pick something up.

"Are you alright babe—" Jungwon said softly, looking at Jake and Sunoo to see if they understood. Heeseung and Ni-ki joined them soon, pieces of clothing in their arms. "Jake, since you broke my glasses" Jay started. "Look, I'll do anything just please don't bring it up anymore—" Jake answered, getting flustered when he thought back to how scared he got after breaking Jay's glasses.

"Anything hm. Then you HAVE to wear this as part of your costume" Jay finished and bought up a light blue skirt. The other immediately started to laugh loudly, Jay snickering when he saw Jake blush. "You can't say no! You just said you'd do anything plus I need to get back at you somehow," Jay said and shoved a few skirts into his arms.

"I— Hmph... Fine..."

. . .

1 / 22 / 21
12 : 41

HEY GUYS <3
We're very sorry we didn't update yesterday but hopefully you enjoyed <333
- JAE & MINA -