30- Body Language

CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

The setting was different, wasn't the type of scene she was use to. It wasn't boisterous, it wasn't filled with people, it was soundless; the birds, the trees, and some faint car noises were the only thing to be heard.

She took out her camera, studying the small humming bird that sat itself down on the chair infront of her.

She got a few good shots in but on another attempt Nasir's soft voice pulled away her attention. She laid down the camera and exhaled deeply when the bird flew away.

"Yes Si?" She picked him up and sat him down in her lap.

"I miss Saint," He mumbled. Curioss smiled and ran a hand through his cornrows.

"Yeah baby I know, you'll see him soon."

"How soon are we talking?" He eyed her, "Because on the video call he said he's coming to get me."

"And where's he taking you?" Nasir hopped off her legs and stood before her, putting his hands on his hips. "You in our business? Don't do dat."

A gentle laugh escaped from her lips as her eyes glistened with amusement, "Boy do not play with me, I am not one of them."

"Sorry ma," He sat back down on her. "Kay's gonna there I haven't seen m...my sister in so long- will you come with us?"

Curioss opened her mouth but nothing came out. Although she was startled to hear him refer to Kaylon as his sister she was also warmed. She didn't know why but she felt something in her softened.

Nasir and Kaylon were both born on the same day, he was just a few minutes earlier than her. Although that information was oblivious to him, he still felt like he was her bigger brother.

Regardless of her not speaking to him she'd never let that get in between Nasir and Saint's relationship. They were close, Nasir looked up to him. Afterall, she couldn't raise him by herself, at some point he needed a male figure to help shape him into a man.

"Yes, I'll come," She got up setting him down.

"Let's go wash you up," Nasir wrapped his small hands around Curioss's and walked besides her.

"What's da vibe we goin' for?" She looked back at him, "Sweet boy?"

"No!" He shouted then instantly blushed, "A Tupac Shakur vibe."

Curioss raised an eyebrow at his shyness and immediately laughed, "Coming from da westside, westside."

He released her hand and jumped in front of her, crossing his arms across his chest imitating Tupac and said "Boy you know wa time it is."