29- Missing You

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE chapter revamped

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
chapter revamped.

In her room, Curioss sat down before the mirror, her hands trembling as she adjusted the black dress she had chosen for the occasion. The reality of her mother's passing still felt surreal, as if any moment now, she would walk through the door, her laughter filling the room once more. But today was the day of her funeral, a stark reminder of the irreversible truth.

Unable to shake off the disbelief, Curioss found herself staring blankly at her reflection, her mind clouded with memories of happier times. She reached out to touch the pendant her mother had given her, a token of their unbreakable bond. The weight of it against her chest felt both comforting and crushing, a tangible reminder of the void her mother's absence had left behind.

As the minutes ticked by, Curioss struggled to compose herself, her heart heavy with sorrow and disbelief. With a deep breath, she finally tore her gaze away from the mirror, steeling herself for the painful reality awaiting her outside her door. Today, she would bid farewell to her mother, accepting the finality of her loss, even if her heart refused to believe it.

"Curioss?" Her sister knocked on her door and pushed her head in. When she saw her seated on the bed she pushed the door in and walked inside.

"You ready?"

"I have to be," She slightly laughed.

"We didn't meant for mamas funeral to be held today," She sighed.

She wanted to say, 'ofcourse you didn't' but held her tongue and nodded, understandably.

She gave her a small pat on her shoulder before getting up, on her way towards the door, she paused before going any further.

"She said something,"

Curioss furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at her in confused, "What?"

"Mama, she said something...you know...before she died."

She cleared her throat and straightened up,"What did she say?"

"She said that it's not his fault, don't continue to blame him, " She shot her a small smile, "She held on as long as she could for you, you know," She rubbed her sister's shoulders before fully walking out.

Curioss knew that she couldn't have been talking about Saint so she immediately put two and two together.

She sighed and got up, fully looking at her attire in the mirror.

As Curioss arrived at her mother's funeral, she was overwhelmed with a mix of emotions.

Memories flooded her mind as she gazed upon the somber scene.