Chapter 36: The Other Girl

Start from the beginning

"I remember you and the Late Duke Castillo also wanted Lyrica to be my engagement partner when I a was a child." He added.

"That...Was a long time ago before the accident." The Emperor remembered.

Would Eric be happy if Lyrica was with Cassien...

"Father just trust me on this." Cassien said firmly.

He gave it a few more thoughts and the room was silent. This wasn't just any ordinary decision, but this would reflect what would happen for the future of the Empire. The Emperor then finally nodded his head.

"Okay, we will announce the engagement in a few months. First I need to find out where Lyrica is and contact her guardians."

- present day -

A few weeks later Cassien finished finished the preparations for his plan of giving back to the community. He held additional meetings back to back for different parts of Central Valentino and also held meetings for volunteers who wanted to help out. Many were chosen students from the Academy he went to.

"Prince Cassien where can we turn in our volunteer forms?" Girls were crowding Cassien and he was trying to answer all their questions.

"If you go into the faculty office there should be someone there to give the forms to." He said answered.

"Prince Cassien what time do we have to be at the town of Marlin?"

"You all should be arriving at around eight in the morning. So make sure you get enough rest." Ariana walked to Cassien to help him with handling the girls. She could tell from far away he was getting attacked with questions from them.

"L-Lady Ariana!" The girl said flustered, "Thank you!" The girl then signaled her friends to leave the two alone and they walked away.

"Ah I kind of forgot she was here."

"Yea it's kind of a bummer since the news came out."

"I know and I thought I had a chance with the Prince."

Ariana smiled as she watched the girls walk away and she looked back at Cassien, "You know it's the same like when we were here. Girls would always fawn over you, but it seems like you've been a bit nicer to them."

"Well that's because they're volunteers with questions. I mean I get that they tried just now, but it's really something I'm not going to bother with."

"They will probably bug you during the actual volunteer work. You should probably keep the down low so that they don't get distracted."

"I'll keep a line trust me. Plus, I doubt they will come near me if you are there with me."

"That's true." Ariana nodded her head and checked the time on her phone, "It's almost time for your next meeting. I'll see you later for dinner tonight with your parents."

"Yea, I'll see you then too." Cassien waved goodbye to her and when he walked out of the room he saw Jeremiah and Grey standing outside, "Where's the next venue?"

"Uh...I think it's at Valentino University. We have some people interning as coordinators at some parts of this plan." Jeremiah checked his tablet.

"So when is Peter coming back? He's been out of Valentino since a few weeks ago when we started this project." Grey asked.

"He said he needed to call some friends for help. Apparently he knows some people who make furniture, toys, LOL that stuff for the orphanage. So he's going to try to ship them over here when we start next week."