|| SCAN ||

• Chapter 10 •

"Do you like the new you?" Jungkook smiled taking a seat next to me on a sun lounger as I relaxed in the garden looking over my file.

"No... This new identity of mine is so boring. Why do I have to be just the housewife of an executive husband?"

"Maybe because, you're pregnant, so Namjoon and I want you too relax".

"Well, at least we can still be together when we're outside. I heard Yoongi and Kyung min have to pretend not to know each other. That has to be rough on their relationship". I sighed turning my attention back to the file in hand. It was silent between the two of us, all that could be heard was the birds chirping to one another.

"Namjoon found me a doctor over here. I was thinking I would go get my first scan soon since it's coming up to 12 weeks."

Nodding his head he smiled placing his hand on my still non-existent tummy. "Il be there... Of course, as an executive of a company, I will, have to rearrange my schedule for this"

"Executive my ass" I rolled my eyes before looking over at the view. My eyes trailed over to the bushes at the side of the garden where I remembered that weird event happened the other day. "Why do you keep looking over there?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow and followed my eyes to the bush.

"I thought I saw something move over there the other day". I glared at the bushes, not even blinking so that I wouldn't miss a single movement.

"Probably an animal. But hey, the cameras you requested are up now so maybe you can do a nature show at night" He smiled making fun of me. So, I hit him with my folder.

"Guys, you should be revising" Namjoon stuck his head out of the doorway and stared us down

"Sorry Namjoon," We said in unison and returned to studying. Once I knew his watchful eyes were off of us I turned back to Kookie.

"Why is Namjoon being such a dad?"

"Maybe because he doesn't want any of us to get hurt. He is doing this to protect us... but if you ask me his been acting like this since your mum disappeared. I never forget his expression when we came to get you from the wedding dress shop".

"You think he's hiding something?" I leaned forward more intrigued than ever.

"I wouldn't put it past him to hide something. I mean he sold you off to the Chinese mafia" He pouted, as I rubbed his back for comfort. He had never got over that, and a part of me knows it will always have a place in his memory. I just hope Namjoon hasn't got anything sketchy planned. I will have to keep my eyes peeled from now on.