𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏 | 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓 |

Start from the beginning

"As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, we can't just pack up and leave. It hasn't even been a day since our victory," she looked around at the camp. "We need to secure the area first. Bury the dead, clear the field, create a strong presence so they won't return,"

"From the sound of it, they don't plan to," Henry reminded her.

"Still, I'd like to be sure. It was our general neglect of these parts that encouraged them to invade in the first place,"

Henry nodded. Imira was right they couldn't simply move on to the next target. At least not so quickly.

"Still, it is excellent news," Henry said cheerfully. "One step closer to victory,"

"One step closer to peace," Imira said.

"I'll drink to that," he raised his drink to her and they clinked cups before continuing with the first meal of the day.  

"Alright how about this: leave with your lives or–"

"No!" everyone said in unison.

"Well, you didn't let me finish," Imira crossed her arms.

"You didn't have to," Henry said from his wooden stool.

"Ugh, what's wrong with that one?" Imira asked.

"Alcibe," Henry turned to the woman.

"Too threatening," Alcibe answered.

"But I didn't use the word die this once," Imira objected.

"You didn't have to, it was implied," Alcibe said.

Imira made a face.

"Just don't mention the word death," Eurybe offered.

"Or perish," said Scyleia.

"Or burn," added Orithia.

"Or destroy," added Altheia.

"Annihilate," Ortheia contributed.

"Nor imply you'll kill them and celebrate afterwards," Henry added, earning a giggle from one of the five women sitting around him.

"But that's precisely what's gonna happen if they do not leave," Imira said.

"They already know that," Henry stood up, "No need to rub it in their faces,"

"Well, you've just restricted half of my vocabulary," Imira sighed and sat down defeatedly.

"Want me to get you a dictionary?" Henry asked with a cheeky smile. Altheia stiffened a laugh as Imira glared at him in annoyment, but her eyes revealed she has amused nonetheless.

"I just don't understand what you all want me to say," she looked at the six of them.

"Just avoid using the word death and all its synonyms and focus of everything they have to gain," Henry said.