22: Girl's Winnowing Galas-Sophie

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that's a cute idea!" Linh said at the same time as Marella said, "Do we have to?" And Biana said, "I wonder if I should send one to Tam."

Sophie smiled. "So, do we want to do it? I think it'll fit with the theme pretty well."

"Why not?" Linh and Biana said.

Marella rolled her eyes and said, "Fine..."

"Yay!" Sophie squealed.

"It's gonna match great with the theme!" Biana said excitedly.

It was true. If they put up the heart-shaped twinkle lights around the ceiling, it would match great with the translucent purple curtain-like things going from floor to ceiling everywhere, and the white circular tables and barstools. They flowers on the table were yellow-ey, so that would match with the lights too.

Sophie was so excited. She felt like everything was perfect! She glanced over at the photo booth with gold masks and other objects. So cute! Everything truly was perfect.

"Look! Guests are arriving!" Biana squealed suddenly.

"AHHHH!" The girls all said in unison.

They ran to their greeting tables, one for each girl, so they could figure out who was there for who.

Soon Sophie's first person showed up. "Hi! Thanks so much for coming!" She said to a boy with dark skin and midnight blue eyes with short, curly hair.

She had to admit, he was cute! And he was even cuter when he smiled back at her and said, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you." But she had a boyfriend!

"I don't believe we've met," Sophie heard a deep voice say suddenly.

It belonged to a boy with cream-colored skin, bright eyes full of curiosity and a whole lot of freckles. "Ryan Plove," He said, putting out a hand to shake.

She shook it. "I'm Sophie."

Then a few more guests walked in. After that, she was surprised to see...

"Valin?"

The greasy haired boy smiled. "Hello Sophie. it's great to see you again," he said, kissing her hand.

Other than Valin, Sophie hasn't seen any of her other friends. Where could they be? Sophie thought to herself, scanning the crowd that was already forming.

"Looking for someone?" Keefe came up from behind her and tapped her lightly on the shoulder.

"Keefe! Yes, I was just looking for you!"

"Well, now I'm here."

"Yeah, no reason to worry, I'm here too!" Fitz called as he strutted in.

"Oh sound like a mini Alden," Sophie laughed.

"That's what I was going for," Fitz said, flashing his movie-star smile.

"Hey," Tam said in a bored voice from the corner.

"Now everyone's here! I see Dex over by Marella's table."

"Cool! Darling," Keefe emphasized the word in a much deeper voice, "is it alright if I go talk to Dex for a moment? We have some pranks to discuss."

Sophie laughed. "Sure."

"Dex, my man!" Sophie heard Keefe say loudly from across the room.

She rolled her eyes and turned back to Fitz and Tam. "You were on Biana's list Tam, shouldn't you go say hi?"

"Yeah," Tam said, smiling slightly before walking away.

"He better not hurt my sister," Fitz mumbled.

"Hey, relax, Tam's a great guy," Sophie said as she put a hand on his arm.

"I guess. I just feel like she's growing up so quickly. Soon she'll be married, and have kids, and I'll probably be alone, and sad, and-"

"Woah, woah, woah, chill out a bit. Who said anything about that?"

"I don't know. I guess...nevermind."

It looked like Fitz wanted to be alone, so Sophie walked away and went to say hi to others.

Soon everyone was greeted and there, and it was time to dance. Of course, Sophie saw Biana dancing with Tam, Linh dancing with Wylie, and Marella dancing with Dex. They all looked so cute together!

Suddenly, Sophie was tapped on both of her shoulders.

"Would you like to dance?" Keefe and Fitz said at the same time.

She looked back and forth at both of them. "I-uh..." she looked at Keefe.

She was about to take Keefe's hand when the boy she had met earlier, the first boy who came, asked her to dance too.

"Well, I'll dance with Keefe, and then Fitz, and then..." Sophie paused. "I'm sorry, I didn't get your name."

"Oh," the boy smacked his head lightly. "Sorry about that. I'm Darien."

"Okay! Well I'll talk to you guys later."

Sophie walked off to dance with Keefe. At first they were just rocking out and dancing crazily, but then a slow song came on. Keefe put one hand on Sophie's waist and the other in her hair, and Sophie rested her arms on his shoulders and her head in the groove of his neck.

"I'm having a great time," Sophie whispered to him after a few seconds.

"Me too," Keefe said. She could feel him smiling.

Soon Sophie had danced with a lot of people, she ate some food, laughed with her friends, and caught Edaline sneaking in to take a few photos and Grady to keep any boy at least 6 feet away from her. (Even the elves have covid lol...you know I probably shouldn't be joking about that. Sorry.)

And man was Sophie tired. She was pretty sure she had blisters, although she wore flats. How Biana managed this all the time, Sophie didn't know.

After a while everyone left, and Sophie got a lot of contacts on her Imparter and a lot of winks and smiles.

"Wow, That was tiring," Sophie said, laying across two chairs with her shoes off.

"Sophie you look hilarious," Biana commented. "Is that even comfortable?"

"Not really."

"But were all tired, right?" Linh said as she collapsed into a chair too.

"Yup," the whole gang said in unison.

"So shall we call this a night?"

"Peace out!" Sophie smiled. "Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!"

I realize this isn't really a Valentine's Day special, but I added some references. I'm gonna say that counts and call it a day.

Wow I wrote most of that today. I forced myself to write...I'm so sorry I have kept you all waiting so long. But I love all of the reads I get, and comments, and votes! Thank you all so much for reading! Oh wow I just realized how much I sound like a YouTuber. Just replace reading with watching and you're pretty much there.

Word count: 1614

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~