21: Winnowing WHAT? PT 2-Fitz

"So we're doing...what?" Fitz asked.

     "You're having your Winnowing Galas!" Grady announced.

     "Wait...let me get this straight...I'll have 100 girls there just for me?" Keefe smiled.

     Fitz elbowed him and raised his eyebrows, hopefully signaling, you have a girlfriend. He left out the part whether I like it or not.

     "I was just joking." Keefe said as he rolled his eyes at Fitz.

     So he understood. Fitz shrugged off the subject, focusing back in on Grady, who seemed to be glaring at Keefe. Fitz coughed.

     "Anyway. You four will be having your Winnowing Galas. And in 2 weeks, so you need to get your suits picked out, and letters sent, and-" Grady paused when he saw Dex's hand up.

"Yeah Dex?"

"Usually we do this separately, but you're making it sound like we're doing ours together."

"Well, if you do not want to do that, you don't have to, but I thought it would be nice for you to have your friends at your parties," Grady answered.

"Okay, sorry for interrupting."

"It's okay! So...what would you like to do first?"

"SUITS!" The boys besides Fitz yelled in unison.

Fitz was surprised at their excitement. Honestly, he just wanted to get it over with. Sophie wasn't going to ever love him, that was fact.

Well, maybe this is my time to find someone else, Fitz thought to himself. It is the point of these parties anyway.

"Yeah, SUITS!" Fitz shouted.

"Dude, we're over that now," Tam said annoyingly, smirking.

"Whatever."

So they leapt to Atlantis, Grady, Alden, and Kesler tagging along. Fitz felt bad for Keefe and Tam, their families hated them and they both had to live by the reputation of it. At least Fitz understood them. Luzia and Alvar ruined the perfect reputation the Vacker's had.

But now was a time to be happy, so Fitz looked at his friends and rushed into a store, leaving them panting trying to catch up.

Fitz entered the store to be greeted with a girl smiling at him. A pretty girl, too.

"Hi, Fitz Vacker, right?" She asked sweetly.

Fitz smiled. He had gotten used to people recognizing him. "That would be me."

"Oh, I know the perfect suit for you!" She exclaimed. "The perfect suit for the perfect guy," she said, twirling her hair.

"Let's see it!" He said enthusiastically.

So she led him over. He pretended not to notice how close she was to him.

"Here it is!" She said suddenly, pointing to a traditional black suit.

"I'll go try it on!" Fitz said, picking up the suit and heading for a changing room.

He came out a bit later, saying, "Does it fit right?"

"Oh yes," she smiled.

She had been smiling a lot at him. He honestly liked it. She was a nice girl.

Fitz's suit: