𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕠𝕟𝕖

Start from the beginning

"gus, val and i are waiting in the domain. hurry," oliver hung up, getting another phone call before he could say a word to the brunette beside him. "hey, mom."

"oliver, the wedding is in two hours. please tell me you and valerie are not at that silly comic book shop, sitting on that ugly sofa," he jumped up, "or standing next to those pathetic cardboard superheroes," he turned around and noticed them behind him, causing him shuffle backwards, almost crashing into valerie.

"look, mom, the truth is, i am picking up a very special gift i got you and horace for your wedding."

"oliver, that is so sweet. you know, i was worried that you were unhappy i was remarrying, or that you didn't like horace. but i'm so glad you approve. it means everything to me."

"absolutely. i'm...i'm happy for you, mom. anyway, i'll be back at the hotel soon."

"i can't wait to see your gift. just remember what i've always told you. it's not the gift that counts. it's how much it costs."

"really?" val mumbled, tilting her head to the side as oliver turned around shrugged.

"did you listen in on the whole call?" he asked, receiving a nod in response. "i wish i had super hearing."

"no you don't. i've heard some things," the darker haired girl shuddered, zoning out. a couple of minutes later, gus ran in, seemingly out of breath.

"finally. what took you so long?"

"i've been running as fast as i can for the last half hour. then i realized i was on a treadmill in the gym."

"are you sure he can unlock the phone?"

"don't doubt my skills. who are you?"

"valerie balderas," she sarcastically grinned, extending her hand and flinching when the boy suddenly shrieked.

"y-you mean the b-"

"yes, she's bionic, let's just get this over with," oliver rolled his eyes and pulled out the phone.

"okay, do you have a microwave?"

"no."

"oh, so much for heating up this ravioli. wait! do you have any parmesan cheese?"

"stop with the ravioli," oliver groaned, raising his eyebrows when valerie took out a small packet from her jacket. "why?"

"i need it to unlock your phone."

"uh, oliver?" valerie awkwardly cleared her throat, poking the brunette until he spun, which was when he realized skylar and kaz had walked in.

"what are you guys doing here?"

"uh, uh, looking for you two. yeah, uh...find oliver and val, check. safely hide arcturion, check. alternative to cash or credit card, check," kaz replied.

"wait, what are you guys doing here?" skylar repeated the question.

"gus is unlocking mort's phone for me. what a day. after this, i have to go shopping."