I groan. He has a point about her already doing it once but it still doesn't make sense how she would leak my information again. It's not like we've seen each other recently for her to know what's going on in my life. Besides, most of what's been leaked has been personal information that I only talk about in the comfort of my apartment. How can she have ears inside my safe space? 

But then it dawns on me. I don't know why it crossed my mind - probably from all of those spy movies I used to watch. It's a long shot and I feel sick thinking about it, but for peace of mind I need to check. I won't be able to concentrate unless I do.

I quickly get up off the couch and practically jog into the kitchen. I vaguely notice Christian following me and trying to speak, but I can't hear him because of how loud my own heartbeat is. My eyes scan the room until they land on that fake plant that Justin gave me, perched in the corner of the counter by the refrigerator. 

"Amelia?" Christian asks. 

 I really hope I'm wrong. 

God, I hope I'm wrong. 

I walk over to the plant and carefully inspect the fake succulent, turning over all it's leaves and petals. The more I look, the more I think I've gone a bit insane since I can't find anything. But then, however, my blood runs cold when I finally spot it. It's not on a leaf at all but rather nestled next to the thick stem of the succulent, disguised slightly by the fake dirt around it.

A very, tiny microphone bug. 

I feel like I'm going to throw up. I thought it was weird that Justin gave me a fake plant but I never thought much more about it. I thought it was just supposed to be a kind gesture but now it makes sense, how mine and Harry's information was being sent to the press. 

My pregnancy scare.

My insecurities being used against me. 

Harry knowing Lauren Jones. 

Mine and Harry's break. 

Even the leaked photos of Justin and I from that time I ran into him one night outside of that coffee shop. Surely the microphone couldn't have detected anything from that night, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shannon was behind those pictures. Justin did tell me that night that his girlfriend was there and inside the café. Him pulling me into that hug was probably a big ploy so Shannon could snap pictures of us to sell to the press and to stir up mine and Harry's relationship even further. 

"Amelia? What's going on?" Christian asks me. I don't respond verbally, but rather I point to the small bug in the plant. Christian glances at me like I've lost my mind, but he looks at where I'm pointing. "No fucking way," he whispers. 

I don't know what to feel right now. Hurt? Annoyed? Betrayed? I think anger, however, is outshining all of those other feelings. Immediately I pick up the fake plant and raise it above my head, but before I can throw it to the ground like I briefly planned to, Christian stops me by grabbing my arms. 

"No!" he yells, halting my movements. 

"What the fuck?" I respond. 

I give him a wild look while he tries to wrestle me for the plant. I can't figure out for the life of me why he doesn't want me to destroy the bug and plant. I feel more conflicted over this than I do about the microphone. 

"Don't worry, Amelia," Christian tells me calmly once he gets ahold of the plant. He shoots me a warning look to keep my mouth shut while he begins walking away with it. "I think it'll look better over here anyway. Fits the ambience better of this room,"