~85~ My Poor Guy

Mulai dari awal

"Ellie, you have so many connections. You're telling me you can't call someone and have them bring you one?"

I look at him. This isn't how these things work.

I sigh as I get out my phone. I have a doctor buddy that I still keep in contact with.

"Eleanor Freeman! How longs it been?" He asks, in a good mood.

"Forever, Dr. Mark. Listen, can I call in that favor?"

He chuckles. "After 25 years, you finally want me to pay up, huh?"

"Yes sir" I chuckle.

He laughs. "Sure. Lay it on me."

I tell him what happened, and Dr. Mark is howling. "Ouch!" He says finally.

"Yeah. Any way you can help a girl out?"

"Sure. I'm actually at the hospital today anyways. I'll start a chart for him here, go to your house and check him out, and then get you one. I'll sign off on the chart when I get back."

"You're awesome. Thank you!"

I go back to Taylor, and he is completely miserable.

"Ok, tough guy. Let's get the nail out of your hand."

He takes a deep breath and nods. Wes and Mason have come in, and they look nervous.

"You sure, Freeman? It's in there deep."

"Talk to him. I want to take him to the ER." I snip.

"I've got a friend on the way." I say in a more gentle tone. I didn't mean to snap at Wes.

"Who?" Taylor asks.

"A doctor I met when I was a paramedic at 92."

Taylor rolls his eyes, but says nothing.

I get my stuff, and start working. This is in there really good. He's lucky it didn't go all the way through his hand.

As I'm digging, Taylor is groaning and making weird throaty noises. He's dying.

"If we were at the hospital, they would have numbed it." I say darkly.

"Stop it" he says, putting his head on the counter.

"Wes, give me those tweezers" I say after a minute.

Wes hands them to me. After a couple more minutes, I'm able to get the nail out. This guy is shaking, he's in so much pain.

I clean the wound, and press gently, making sure there isn't anything else in his hand.

"Ok. I'm not bandaging it up until Dr. Mark gets here." I say as I go and get him some Tylenol.

About twenty minutes later, the doctor gets here.

"Man, Freeman, you haven't changed a bit" he smirks as he gives me a hug.

"Where's the patient?" He asks.

"Right in here" I say, motioning him in.

"Chief Preston! I had no idea you two were married" he says in shock.

"Good to see ya, doc. How's the wife?" Taylor asks.

"Eh, I'm sure she's fine. I'm paying her enough alimony, I don't see how she wouldn't be" he snorts.

He grabs Taylor's hand and inspects it. "Ouch" he says, pressing gently on a few spots. He looks at it another minute, before he nods in approval.

"Looks good, Freeman. You haven't lost your touch, little lady"