Chapter 12: 𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒀𝒐𝒖

(three months after present time.)

[⚠️⚠️⚠️]
•••

I laughed as Naven chased me down the isle in his black tux.

"It should have been me," Cerelean mumbled and pouted as he ate his cake.

Mia hit him in the head, "You wouldn't have had the chance."

He rubbed his head, "Damn woman."

My friends had come all the way to the village to see me and Naven marry, and I was quite surprised they took us two being together lightly.

It was all too good to be true.

Way too good.

•••

I hid behind a tree, covering my mouth to muffle my giggles.

Naven looked so clueless as he called my name.

He started grunting and I immediately moved from my hiding spot to go help him.

He took me in his arms, blowing into my neck, "You gotta stop falling for that, love."

I squirmed and he laughed, setting me down.

Hide and go seek was the best with him.

We both sat at the edge of the deck after a minute, taking my shoes off to feel the water of  the river on my feet.

Naven rolled up the end of his pants and sighed, "I'm starting to see why you like being barefoot."

He had a scar on his leg now like me, but from his calve down, it was replaced with wood.

He's managed to learn to walk on it, but it tore me up inside believing it was my fault.

I smiled, "Really?"

"No," he answered and I giggled.

I gave him a look and he pulled me closer to him.

"You're mine now," he kissed my head, "No escaping. Because if you do, I'll always come running back to you. Got that?"

"Till death do us part," I nodded and smiled.

"And even after," he said, looking up at the stars.

I bit my lip and looked down at the woven flower ring on my ring finger. He had made it for me.

"Yeah..." I smiled to myself and looked up at the moon.

"Well...springtime is here, Naven."

"And?" he asked.

I moved to sit over his lap in my flowing wedding dress.

"I can make it rain," I whispered in his ear as I pulled his tie.

"Out here?!"

•••

He laid my back against the grass. The breeze starting to blow lightly, causing the white lilies to sway around me.

I watched his hair move with the sound of the wind. His brown eyes were like a honey river as they searched into mine, the reflection of me stuck within his pupils. He couldn't take his eyes off of me.

This man was always there to break my falls, no matter where or what I was falling from.

Whether it be drowning in a lake or craving a happiness I didn't think I could have. He'd catch me and lead the way.

All I could see was him and the sky.

All I could feel was love and longing.

All I wanted was him and this moment.