Chapter 11: 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝑴𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝑻𝒐 𝑩𝒆

"Are you sure it's safe to go in?"

Liara nodded before walking off, "Of course."

Naven limped and opened the bathroom door.

All he could think of was what the fuck was she doing?

He closed the door behind him.

"Kaia."

I blinked and stopped singing.

"Why do you have your clothes on in the shower?"

"I'm just dancing in rain," I giggled.

He shook his head, running a hand over his face.

"It's fun," I hummed.

"Am I seriously about to do this?" he asked.

"Yep," I shook my hips and stuck my tongue out at him.

He smiled and put his crutch down on the counter, "I can't believe this."

I offered him a hand and he stepped over into the tub.

"So you do this often?" he asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe."

He looked down at me with those mysterious ocean eyes.

"You're ridiculous, love."

•••

He watched as I rolled around in the grass.
He knew I didn't have much of a childhood like him. He was glad I could finally experience that part of happiness.

He was even more that glad he could pull me out of that lake.

He'd do it all over again if he had to.

He had to wonder though, why wasn't it raining anymore?

Liara came to sit beside Naven under the tree.

She could present her true self in front of him without him falling in love. He was the first man to do that. His love was deep for me.

She started to braid her long white hair, "Are you wondering why the weather isn't mocking her sorrows anymore?"

He nodded.

"I'm becoming a part of her," she said.

He blinked, "What?"

She smiled, "I've offered my soul, and once I transfer fully, she won't just be princess of the rain anymore. She'll be the queen of all nature. Not only that, the balance between seasons will finally be whole again, therefore no more monsters."

He looked fearful.

"Don't worry, she will still be herself. She'll only have my magic so that she can bring balance back to the earth. I'll cease to exist and she won't remember me."

He looked at me picking up flowers, "Thank you," he told her.

"Yeah," she smiled. "It's best like this. She's a great woman. Keep loving her, will you?"

He started to watch her vanish like gold dust from the sun, "I don't plan on stopping."

She smiled and disappeared, "You're a good man, Naven."

He sighed and grabbed his wooden crutch, going over to me. "Love?"

I looked up at him with a butterfly on my finger.

He groaned and sat beside me, picking up one of the flowers, "When did these grow?"

I shrugged, "The rain brought them here."

"Rain flower..." He mumbled, smiling to himself.

"Don't you think we should have little rain flowers of our own?" I bit my lip, hinting.

The blood drained from his face, "Kids?"

What he look like tryna have some moon babies??

•••

"Ow! Naven!"

He took the comb out of my hair and looked down at me between his legs, "What else am I supposed to do with all this?"

"Just hurry up and braid it."

He sighed and started twisting random strands of hair on me head, and I grabbed the hand-held mirror, watching him.

"That's wro-"

He tapped my hip with the heel of his boot, "Hush."

I pouted then smirked. "No."

He stopped, "What was that?"

I stood up and said again, "N.O."

He got up as I ran to the other side of the room.

He started limping, then groaned, holding his side.

I immediately rushed to help him, but he scooped me up and we both came tumbling down on the floor.

I squealed as he covered me in light kisses. They tickled.

"Don't do that Naven, I thought you were hurt."

He smiled suddenly. I was so precious to him and I didn't even realize. "I don't ever want to be without you, Kaia."

Before I could respond, he put a finger to my lips, "You're so perfect for me. Inside and out."

I wasn't sure what he was seeing cause the comb was still stuck in my beehive wack of a hairdo right now, and I sure as hell have been carrying some traumatic emotional baggage for who knows how long.

"I look hideous, don't I?"

He looked at me as if he was falling in love all over again. "No love, just... adventurous."

I pressed my chin to my neck, giving him the confused double chin look.

He laughed and kissed my head.

"Be my wife."