Three Soloists, One Star

Start from the beginning

"I'm really glad you're all enjoying it, even though the last couple of months have been really stressful because of the show" Mom says.

"Yeah, but I'm glad things are kinda back to normal." Maddie says and finishes her ice cream, "The new normal."

"What do you think about Sarah dancing with us?" Kenzie asks.

"She's an amazing dancer and really sweet, but her Mom ruins everything." Mom says and I nod.

"Christy just says everything she has on mind." I say and we all laugh.

We all finish our ice creams and leave.

Competition Day•

"Where's my pink lipstick?"

"Do you have another bobby pin?"

"Warm up, warm up!"

I close my eyes and inhale. Just breathe Mel. I go change into my solo costume
I do my makeup and then do my hair.

 I go change into my solo costumeI do my makeup and then do my hair

"Are you nervous?" Kenzie asks as I spray my hair.

"I think that as long as I don't see Scarlett I--" say but suddenly stop when I see, you know, Scarlett coming into the dressing room.

I knew it was going to be a hard competition this week, Scarlett is a great dancer, and we know that Abby wants some good competition between the two of us. Her costume was also really cool. This was going to be even harder.

 This was going to be even harder

"Girls come over here." Abby says and we all walk over to her and I look at the other girls' costumes. Kendall has a pretty typical Maddie costume, Nia is dressed up LIKE A DOG and Chloe is basically an ALDC billboard.

"Today is gonna dictate your future. The Abby Lee Dance Company should be one, two, three today. Understood? Who has what is need to be number one? Okay, let's go!"

We all go backstage and I start rehearsing.

"I think you're gonna get tired if you keep doing that." Scarlett says as I turn and I stop.